Likes Likes:  103
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You tried it on but you didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    Too many.....I have a folder where I file these under "possibilities"....btw, this list is probably about 60% of what is in that folder.

Attachment 26102

Some might eventually make it into my watch box. But it will take a lot of focus, hard work (to make the extra funds) for most of the pieces up listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow that enamel Breguet... I know we are mostly used to guilloche dials from Breguet but combination on their enamel pieces, Breguet hands, enamel dial, Breguet numerals and the matching sweeping font of the Breguet logo makes for a really special look.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Tried it on. It's spectacular, in ways not easily understood or appreciated unless you see it in real life. But I still can't decide if it's too small for me.
    <enabler mode>
    In that pic it looks just the perfect size.
    </enabler mode>

3. Likes mlcor, tempocalypse, JAGtime liked this post
    I wanted to buy this one, and tried it on:

Did not like it at all when on my wrist. Tried about 20 other 5's, nope. As I was completely set on buying a watch, I bought the SKX009, but that never had a click too, unfortunately, so became the first watch I ever sold.

I did try on a lot of watches I did not intend to buy anyway, so that does not really count.

5. Likes iyonk, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Wow that enamel Breguet... I know we are mostly used to guilloche dials from Breguet but combination on their enamel pieces, Breguet hands, enamel dial, Breguet numerals and the matching sweeping font of the Breguet logo makes for a really special look.
    And the best thing about it.....it was so comfortable on my wrist.....

But, I can't justify that kind of money on 1 watch.

Maybe, if I decide to sell some of my existing and consolidate, this is actually very high on my list.

7. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I wanted to buy this one, and tried it on:

Did not like it at all when on my wrist. Tried about 20 other 5's, nope. As I was completely set on buying a watch, I bought the SKX009, but that never had a click too, unfortunately, so became the first watch I ever sold.

I did try on a lot of watches I did not intend to buy anyway, so that does not really count.

very true.. i'm agree with you martin.. the factory nylon is not feel comfy for me either... but if you put it on a soft and supple leather... it would just 'breath' and a joy on the wrist =)

mine on various experimentation:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

9. Likes Martin, JAGtime, tribe125, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    ... would you believe that bezel doesn't turn? Look at that bezel and tell me it doesn't turn.

... It doesn't turn.
    Loathed as I am to use this, it totally applies here WTF ?! That's just wrong

I recently posted this in the Rolex AD thread - Also relevant here:
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    When I saw pictures of this, I thought: Yes. Finally. That's the one for me. It usually bugs me; but, I can see straight past the repeated ROLEX around the rehaut, because the blue dial just draws me in.
    Went to the AD to try it on - A lovely thing that just oozes quality; but looked and felt too small on me
    Attachment 25776
    My 'collection' is missing an ORIS (amongst a ton of others !) - I want an ORIS, but haven't yet found the one that says "Buy me!" - I try on ORIS watches on a regular basis at the local AD during my lunch breaks; but still searching for 'the one'
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

11. Likes Domo liked this post
    Name:  jaeger-lecoultre-reverso-icon-gear-patrol-lead.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  55.7 KB

JLC Reverso, i like the looks on pictures, but IRL it looked totally wrong (on my wrist)

Name:  Metro_314.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  30.4 KB
    Same with Nomos, too small, to big gap between the strap and case, odd lugs...

13. Likes synequano liked this post
    rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar

figure i will get it for a much better price someday

15. Likes BigSeikoFan, synequano liked this post
    This, and I want it badly (or goodly)!

Name:  AP.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  58.4 KB
    Last edited by wschofield3; Jul 25, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

17. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, geoffbot, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post

figure i will get it for a much better price someday
    Mikey, after you do, gimme a heads-up, will ya? Might have to get one too.