Likes Likes:  107
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Rolex to Unveil a New Watch Sept. 1

My friend received Monday the first of two Kermits he ordered. As I suspected the lug ends are the same width as the old. The 1mm gain is from the bracelet going up from 20mm to 21mm. These are all measured. The wider bracelet optically makes the lugs look thinner.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    One other note, the 41OP orders for most of the new bolder colors are 6-10 or more deep at three of the AD i know. Expect to see this selling on second hand market at higher price points than Retail. Possibly more than the 39 white that was posted. I've not looked, but they already maybe posted. I'm not aware of anyone having one yet in the US, but as I posted earlier some new Subs are being delivered.
    Cheers,

Michael

4. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    My friend received Monday the first of two Kermits he ordered. As I suspected the lug ends are the same width as the old.

That was never in doubt, from the first pictures and reviews - the lug horns have been narrowed from the inside. At the same time, the outer radius of the lug horns has been shaved (probably by an amount only measurable in microns) which makes them a little shapelier.

The overall width of the lugs was only an issue (for those who had an issue) because of the step down to the bracelet, which has been resolved with a wider bracelet. The adjustments have been small, but the effect is evident.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    That was never in doubt, from the first pictures and reviews - the lug horns have been narrowed from the inside. At the same time, the outer radius of the lug horns has been shaved (probably by an amount only measurable in microns) which makes them a little shapelier.

The overall width of the lugs was only an issue (for those who had an issue) because of the step down to the bracelet, which has been resolved with a wider bracelet. The adjustments have been small, but the effect is evident.
    He claims that it wears thinner. I've not seen one in person yet.
    Cheers,

Michael

He claims that it wears thinner.

I’ve seen that comment a few times, and I think it’s quite likely to be true. It’s a matter of perspective, with a less obvious step between the watch head and bracelet

One other note, the 41OP orders for most of the new bolder colors are 6-10 or more deep at three of the AD i know. Expect to see this selling on second hand market at higher price points than Retail. Possibly more than the 39 white that was posted. I've not looked, but they already maybe posted. I'm not aware of anyone having one yet in the US, but as I posted earlier some new Subs are being delivered.
    I have seen some online with the new OP's in 36mm. Someone on YouTube just received the 41mm in green yesterday so it should be soon for the 41mm to hit the dealers.
    Cheers,

Richard

Name:  IMG_4727.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  51.0 KB
    Got my LV today. It certainly doesn't wear any bigger than the outgoing models. Not sure if it feels thinner, though.
    Last edited by GaryF; Today at 06:17 PM. Reason: adding pic

10. Likes Fantasio, mlcor, uchinanchu, gnuyork, tribe125 liked this post