Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heart break then complete satisfaction

heart break then complete satisfaction

yesterday [belatedly] heard a local long time high street dealer was selling off his stock at half prices due to a lease hold ending - he was Breitling , Hamilton ,Tissot etc - raced down there this morning to see virtually empty windows - so annoyed -popped in to see the guy who i have known over the years to offer my regrets - he has another shop but won't pay the new lease extortionate fees - however he will lose his brand representation - bought a nice quartz Tissot for the partner at half price- i knew he had stocked g shock so asked if he had any left , he said they had all gone , however that reminded young lady assistant alongside that she thought there was just one in the stockroom that had not got to the window -
    here it is, GPW-1000 RAF GPS AVIATOR -limited to 500 in UK i believe -LET ME HAVE IT FOR £400.00 !! rrp here is £850- no way i couldn't take it -i had been looking at these and the Astron for some time but reluctant to pay that kind of money - absolutely made up , giving it a thorough charge before i set it up - yes it is a big one but i have big wrists and a love of g shock of course-it was a watch i wanted at the right price i wanted to pay
    Name:  gps8.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  70.9 KBName:  gps7.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  49.7 KBName:  gps5.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  88.8 KBName:  gps 1.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  70.7 KB

That's a phenomenal G for a great price. Sad to hear a decent shop is closing, but I can understand why you're so pleased with that pick up. Congrats!

3. Likes shameless, JAGtime liked this post
    thanks my friend and yes i agree - i'm shameless when it comes to profiting from misfortune - he is ok with it -family business over many years - i'm sure the Rolex \Omega AD on the next block are really upset too - guess they will grab the Breitling business

Really nice G-Shock, Peter! Enjoy your new acquisition. How long will it take you to master all its capabilities?!

Jane

6. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That's a phenomenal G for a great price.

It is. I was intrigued by those when they came out but was nearing the end of my G-Shock phase. Congratulations!

8. Likes shameless liked this post
    That's just INSANE Peter!

i know it is BIG but seem to suit your wrist just PERFECT! and the limited Royal Air Force is one of the most collectable Aviator G-shock! Wow! a SCORE in perfection!

please post it in g-shock forum here... i know some of my fellows ther would go ga ga ga over it!

once again CONGRATS Peter! hahaha.. so happy for you!!

10. Likes shameless liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Really nice G-Shock, Peter! Enjoy your new acquisition. How long will it take you to master all its capabilities?!

Jane
    thankyou Jane much appreciated - pretty quick -only has to be done once to one's preferences then its plain sailing -love it though

12. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Glad you didn't miss the opportunity to get a watch you wanted for a good price. I'm sure you'll test its capabilities to the limit.

Enjoy, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    That's just INSANE Peter!

i know it is BIG but seem to suit your wrist just PERFECT! and the limited Royal Air Force is one of the most collectable Aviator G-shock! Wow! a SCORE in perfection!

please post it in g-shock forum here... i know some of my fellows ther would go ga ga ga over it!

once again CONGRATS Peter! hahaha.. so happy for you!!
    thankyou Tribe , C and Iyonk - although i am of a certain age -i have never allowed that to influence my choices i will post over there buddy -interested to know their thoughts on the watch also

15. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Great G at a terrific price! Congrats!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

17. Likes shameless liked this post