Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you think of these micro brand bronze divers....

Tell me what you think of these micro brand bronze divers....

For my next purchase, I want something really different, good looking, sporty diver in bronze from a micro brand because I see good value in these micros. The goal is to spend under 1500 as I seen some great pieces for under this price from micro brands. I decided the Helberg watches are not my favorite after seeing these others.

I had a fever lately and it seems like the only prescription is a bronze case diver lol. Been browsing pics of some of these beautifully patina bronze divers. Looking for a nice one in the >$1500 range. Seen these ones that are quite attractive. My favorites so far. If you don't like bronze, no need to comment, looking for comments from those who actually enjoy the look as I know its an acquired taste. One I been developing as of lately...

Really find these Olivier watches quite beautiful. Not sure if they can even be ordered anymore. Nice lug width with black dial will give many strap choices. The only problem is under the website they still have pre orders that say 2012. Doesn't give me much faith in the company or the brand. Maybe they just need to update their website but for the price I find these very attractive. Also like the black bezel with full lume but if I'm going bronze, I'm going all the way and want the bezel to be bronze as well....
    Name:  1A9D1B7D-C271-4BC1-B16A-AE89C578D6CB-2877-0000019598BD1FD6.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  46.5 KB

This watch just looks darn good and Olivier is top of the list as of right now....

Name:  olivierstraps-23.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  101.5 KB

Another looker is this Helson. Great size, casework looks excellent and crown guards look very toolish, protective and hardcore diver elements. Not sure about the Stingray name. One thing I don't like about Helson is their Sharkdiver and Stingray names so much but not bad looker at all. My least favorite though in case & style
    Name:  STINGRAY 43 GREEN.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  21.7 KB

Another one of my favorites is the Armida. The case are a lovely shape. Really like the lug size and has a nice bubble domed sapphire crystal. Comes in either ETA or Miyota movements, I don't care either way. If I can save a few $ I'd go Miyota. Love Citizen and love Japan movements as much as Swiss. I realize the Swiss movements will probably hold a little more value perhaps but I'm not looking to sell or flip watches at this stage in my life so that doesn't matter just the reliability factor which I have faith in both movements.

Also the Armidas come in some great dial color choices as well....

Blue, brown or green would be a tough choice I really enjoy them....also one thing I believe the Armidas have the others may not is solid bronze hands...which may patina as well over time. I think this makes sense to match the case. Unlike some bronze watches who patina over time but have stainless steel hands that stay pristine while the outer case changes and ages. Kind of mismatches if your looking for a nice patina....

Name:  blue.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  28.6 KBName:  brown.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  26.8 KBName:  green.JPG
Views: 366
Size:  25.0 KB

I looked at many brands but these are my favorites as I like the traditional diver bezel, domed crystal and 22-24mm lug widths.

So...which ones do you guys like? What color combos you like the best?

Anyone have any experience with these brands and what you think of them?

Please pics if you got!
    Last edited by -JP; Jul 25, 2015 at 06:55 PM.

2. Likes hayday, synequano liked this post
    I've always liked the Olivier though I've never had one.

Was going to suggest Aquadive BS100 Bronze but you mentioned domed crystal so that negates it.

I've had a few Helsons and bang for the buck is there.

Armida is brass, no?

4. Likes -JP liked this post
    The A1 45mm are bronze. The A1 42mm are brass. I'd go for A1 for the larger size and domed crystal. I did like the look of the Aquadive also, it is very nice! Perhaps I will give that another look as well....

I keep thinking about adding a bronze watch to the collection. They age so wonderfully. Best of luck on your decision/quest/search.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I've always liked the Olivier though I've never had one.

Was going to suggest Aquadive BS100 Bronze but you mentioned domed crystal so that negates it.

I've had a few Helsons and bang for the buck is there.

Armida is brass, no?
    The A1 is bronze, the A7 or 8 is brass.
    Kody

9. Likes -JP liked this post
    Chase, you got me rethinking these Aquadivers....It is pretty cool. I did want a full bronze bezel but the lume bezel is a good compromise and the case is very cool!
    Name:  17495176-md.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  61.5 KB
    Name:  photo1_zps15063bc0.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  75.3 KBName:  photo122_zpsb922f5d6.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  43.4 KB

11. Likes theague, synequano, meijlinder, gnuyork liked this post
    That Aquadive is awesome!!
    Kody

13. Likes -JP liked this post
    I'm also looking for a bronze watch,but I'm still not sure,personally I like the Halios Tropik in bronze since it has that rounded case shape ala Panerai as opposed to more angular shape with squarish edges

Yesterday I saw someone wearing the pam bronzo and immediately thought about the other bronze diver since the Bronzo cost almost the same as PP5711 (and I don't think bronzo is worth the current asking price)

15. Likes -JP liked this post
    Do Olivier watches actually exist - on the website it still talks about the 2013 pre-order
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

17. Likes -JP liked this post
    I absolutely loved mine. Would buy another in a heartbeat.
    Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture42234-aquadive-bathyscaphe-bronze.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  30919-chase-albums-chase-misc-picture53890-image.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  42.4 KB

19. Likes -JP, gnuyork liked this post