Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what you think of these micro brand bronze divers....

I think there were some well-documented problems with Olivier.

2. Likes -JP liked this post
    I think the Magrette would be great if it did not say "Bronze" on the dial. Yuck!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

4. Likes -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I think there were some well-documented problems with Olivier.
    Yes, like whether anyone actually got one.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes -JP liked this post
    thanks, one eliminated....

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    olivier's defunct i think

helberg works well..clem does good work

9. Likes -JP liked this post
    I did like many others you guys posted but these three are my favorite for a few different reasons. I'll give you guys my take.

So far in "the hunt" which Im having tons of fun with thanks to you guys as well this is what I came to realize so far....

The Aquadive is the most attractive and appealing. It just looks darn good! Although not cheap at around 1600, it is German Made with a solid Swiss ETA movement. IMO, it looks like a quality piece that cost what the asking price is, perhaps even more. The case design is quite attractive, thick bezel with ceramic inlay with lume bezel. 22mm lugs, I already own tons of straps so that works...and it just looks great!
    Name:  IMG_1515-Copy.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  ebb1c2bd.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  54.8 KB

Name:  DSC_1449.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  68.8 KB

Armida....watches produced in Hong Kong. Can be had with a nice Miyota Movement. Nice domed sapphire! The dial color choices are great. Seems to develop very sweet patina...about half a grand less then the Aquadive....Again, what I find cool about Armida is they use bronze hands....which may patina over time along with the case. Not sure the other ones do this.

Name:  PICT0087.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  21444_190_fn11jptl.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  50.0 KB

The Helson Shark Diver....probably the most wearable at 42mm and 20mm lugs, which still leads plenty of options for straps. Love the green dial. Its brass not bronze...but still seems to develop a really nice patina over time. Its close to 1/5 the price of the Aquadive and the Armida is nearly 3 times the cost. As nice the the Aquadive is, is it worth that much more the whats gong to be a beater, that I plan to bang around, take in the ocean and get some serious patina on the watch? From Helson owners over at the dive forum, many seem pleased with the brand and this model seems quite popular. For around 350....it wont put the slightest dent in my wallet for a cool watch that I find interesting and fun to wear.....

Name:  2y7Qv4q.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  15292046807_18aba6065f_c.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  143.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2379.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  60.3 KB

This Helberg CH6 is very nice and a great price. Priced between the Helson and Armida....but can't find the full bronze case and bezel version available on their site anymore. I emailed them waiting to hear back.....
    Name:  pjCpiyH.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  73.2 KB
    Last edited by -JP; Jul 26, 2015 at 12:40 AM.

11. Likes MarkO, synequano liked this post
    1 more..halios tropik b

Maybe not fully on spec for u..but good looking piece...

13. Likes -JP, iyonk, Raza, Uber, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeylacroix View Post
    1 more..halios tropik b

Maybe not fully on spec for u..but good looking piece...
    I owned one just like that. I had two complaints. First, they use an aluminum bronze which patinas to a less pleasing color than the CuSn alloys. I greatly preferred it polished to unpolished patina. It's the only bronze watch I ever polished.

Second, the short lugs make the watch very susceptible to rotating around on my wrist. It would never stay put regardless of the strap.

15. Likes -JP, mikeylacroix liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I owned one just like that. I had two complaints. First, they use an aluminum bronze which patinas to a less pleasing color than the CuSn alloys. I greatly preferred it polished to unpolished patina. It's the only bronze watch I ever polished.

Second, the short lugs make the watch very susceptible to rotating around on my wrist. It would never stay put regardless of the strap.
    Good to know. So it should be the same with the tropik ss divers ya?

17. Likes -JP liked this post
    Benarus make a great BRONZE

Lume is explosive too

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

19. Likes -JP, gnuyork, Uber, synequano liked this post