Likes Likes:  44
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Domo Arigato - Mr. Roboto review

Very refreshing to see something like this. Most watch stuff (the company histories, the branding, the spokes people and marketing campaigns) is so overly serious. Great review.

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I love Mr Roboto. It looks great.

I really like a lot of Azimuth's lineup though especially Back In Time and the Landship watches.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I have loved this watch for years! I'm jealous!

thanks for posting. Always love seeing pictures of this beauty.
    Thanks a lot Raza!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Very refreshing to see something like this. Most watch stuff (the company histories, the branding, the spokes people and marketing campaigns) is so overly serious. Great review.
    Yes for the most part Azimuth seem fairly laid back which is refreshing. They have some truly whimsical stuff including a Roulette watch where you can actually play roulette on it...

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I love Mr Roboto. It looks great.

I really like a lot of Azimuth's lineup though especially Back In Time and the Landship watches.
    Thanks a lot! I think the Landship is too out there even for me! It is an even more unusual source of inspiration than Roboto, IIRC its inspired by WWI tanks of all things!
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

Cool watch and a great review. I think it looks great on your wrist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Thanks a lot Raza!

Yes for the most part Azimuth seem fairly laid back which is refreshing. They have some truly whimsical stuff including a Roulette watch where you can actually play roulette on it...

Thanks a lot! I think the Landship is too out there even for me! It is an even more unusual source of inspiration than Roboto, IIRC its inspired by WWI tanks of all things!

Azimuth is one of those brands that is really a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see some whimsy in the only industry that still releases prices in Swiss Franc first and lives on selling sober status symbols to people in dark suits. MB&F does a bunch of wild shit too, but Azimuth at least does it at a price that a normal person may be able to save up their pennies and afford one someday without taking a third mortgage. The Mr. Roboto has been on my list of "someday" watches for a very long time. Sigh.

7. Likes 93EXCivic, tempocalypse liked this post
    This thread copied to the Library.

9. Likes Raza, iyonk liked this post

Domo Arigato - Mr. Roboto review

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Azimuth is one of those brands that is really a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see some whimsy in the only industry that still releases prices in Swiss Franc first and lives on selling sober status symbols to people in dark suits. MB&F does a bunch of wild shit too, but Azimuth at least does it at a price that a normal person may be able to save up their pennies and afford one someday without taking a third mortgage. The Mr. Roboto has been on my list of "someday" watches for a very long time. Sigh.
    I quite admire MB&F for managing to do it in the high end segment. Of course theres no shortage of crazy designs from small independents these days but you always get the sense that MB&F have a genuine sense of whimsy and humor about them as opposed to serious spiel put forth about ridiculous watches by the likes of Romain Jerome etc. I don't know if I'm being articulate enough here but perhaps you know what I mean.

I like the Azimuth seem to operate with a similar spirit at a more accessible price.

That said its the *slightly* more traditional looking Legacy Machine 2 with double balances and differential that I admire the most from their collection.

As an interesting aside, I once read that Max Busser told the designer of the Royal Oak Offshore in the early 90s that the design was too out there to succeed! Look at what Max is doing now! (Unfortunately the link to the article seems dead now)

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Cool watch and a great review. I think it looks great on your wrist.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    This thread copied to the Library.
    Wow thanks! I seem to be on a Library streak
    Last edited by tempocalypse; Jul 30, 2015 at 01:31 PM.

11. Likes iyonk, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Wow thanks! I seem to be on a Library streal
    I always enjoy your writing TC.. you are a true asset of IWL! we're proud of you..

hopefully someday you can make some writing about your 'beaters', like why you like them or choose them... so 'affordable' guy could relate, but that can wait =)
    keep up the excellent essay TC!

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I always enjoy your writing TC.. you are a true asset of IWL! we're proud of you..

hopefully someday you can make some writing about your 'beaters', like why you like them or choose them... so 'affordable' guy could relate, but that can wait =)
    keep up the excellent essay TC!
    You're too kind Lyonk! Thanks!

I'm actually making my through the watches I have which I've not covered, I will probably do the B&M Capeland next and then the Sinn 356 once I get the bracelet for it.