Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Changing

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    heard of enough people putting in 1616 in as they are like ten times cheaper
    If the connection to the solar cells would be disconnected, I guess it's no problem to use a CR1616 instead of a CTL1616. But then the Power Safe mode would no longer work. I am not sure if the battery level indicator would be correct, either. Probably not.
    Cheers, Sedi

I do my own and some other peoples too. As I mostly do vintage it’s not the batteries that are an issue generally, it’s trying to find replacement case gaskets if they stretch or have dried out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    If the connection to the solar cells would be disconnected, I guess it's no problem to use a CR1616 instead of a CTL1616. But then the Power Safe mode would no longer work. I am not sure if the battery level indicator would be correct, either. Probably not.
    yes hear some cover with tape the contact points but seems a bit pointless to have a solar watch but not use a solar battery
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes Sedi liked this post
    I have changed batteries a couple of times, but generally I can’t be bothered.

And the jewellers and kiosks are more practised, with better tools.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I have changed batteries a couple of times, but generally I can’t be bothered.

And the jewellers and kiosks are more practised, with better tools.
    you would think that but not always seen some badly marked backs ..why I started to do it my self
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I change more batteries for others' watches than my own as I don't have many, and 'the word is out' that I can/do ... for no more than the cost of the battery if family.
    Like ISMY, a long time ago before I got into watches, a so-called 'professional' butchered the case back of one of mine. "Once bitten..." and all that; been doing my own battery changes (and much 'deeper' things too) ever since.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

8. Likes skywatch liked this post
    The last time I changed the battery in my Casio, I must have lost some spring or something and one of the buttons is floppy now because I never sent it to Casio for repair. But in general, in line with the OP, I don't see a point in non-solar quartz watches. Why bother?

I change them myself. Like ismy, I feel it's easier and quicker than sending them off to someone I know wont do it as carefully as I will and I like knowing the gasket is properly reinstalled.
    Last edited by Greg; Sep 18, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

11. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Within the last month I changed the batts in 2 Suunto, 1 Bulova, 1 Bruno Sohnle, and my Samsung smartwatch. 3 screw on casebacks, 1 popper, and 1 with real screws. I always grease the gasket well to insure it doesn't tear on reassembly.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Within the last month I changed the batts in 2 Suunto, 1 Bulova, 1 Bruno Sohnle, and my Samsung smartwatch. 3 screw on casebacks, 1 popper, and 1 with real screws. I always grease the gasket well to insure it doesn't tear on reassembly.
    Silicone grease?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk