There are certain projects that draw you in from the minute they commence. When Michael Friedman, the Head of Complications at Audemars Piguet, and his team floated the idea of a round table on Zoom with collector and watch dealer Eric Ku on the subject of a watch I find insanely compelling – the [Re]master01 Selfwinding Chronograph – it took me no time at all to jump. Hell yes, we were in. But before you jump in, may I offer a serving suggestion? Clear your diary for the next hour (and four minutes). Sit somewhere comfortable. Don't grab a drink, grab the ingredients of your drink, too. The ice, the lot. Because this is as close to Joe Rogan, or a podcast, as we've ever gone. It's all about the incidental conversation as much as it is about the key points. However you consume it, do so as responsibly or as irresponsibly as you like, and enjoy it as much as we did making it. These are the elements I found most unusual, and downright spicy, about the prospect: It would be a long-form project. No time limits. No stage-managed script. Limited editing. "Andrew, we want to tell the story…

The post This hour-long Watch & Chill video about the Audemars Piguet [Re]master01 starring Eric Ku is essential viewing appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...