Likes Likes:  327
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, I have a question

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i think it would be natural to gravitate toward a more friendly , comfortable environment perhaps with a random foray back to confirm one's thoughts certainly one thing is sure -when several hundred members join within a week or so , it will become quite obvious who has far too much to say with post counts
    Yes I'm little nervous about that
    Last edited by Der Amf; Nov 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM.

2. Likes shameless liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I intend to go to the old place, from time to time. However and from now on, I have no intention to post there anymore.
    I agree. My feelings exactly.

4. Likes Rob liked this post
    I picture myself as somewhat aloof, not wordy. On the other forum I sometimes thought that my posts were 'rolled over'. When that happens it is not fun. So far I haven't annoyed people so much, or they are very polite.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

6. Likes shameless, Der Amf, M. Montaigne liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    I picture myself as somewhat aloof, not wordy. On the other forum I sometimes thought that my posts were 'rolled over'. When that happens it is not fun. So far I haven't annoyed people so much, or they are very polite.

John
    Well.......

I kid. I kid.

This sums up how I feel perfectly. I'm not a big poster or a knowledge guy. I love watches and love to goof off on the interweb thingy. IWL is very comfortable for me and I am already spending most of my time here. But I'll keep my membership at the other forums. Even if I don't visit much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes jsw41, Ryan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    Since I know for a fact that 95% of us co-exist on another forum. What are your intentions- do you plan to co-exist between two forums or will you be throwing everything into here. I guess I've been doing the latter this week but old habits die hard and I've been drawn back to see whats been going on even though I haven't beeen posting. So what are you thinking?
    maybe its me and maybe i'm completely wrong ! but i am beginning to notice that for some it isn't enough to post their thread on one forum , but are posting the very same on a certain 'other ' - same thread title same content - no reason not to maintain one's ties whatsoever but just seems wrong to myself in some way to duplicate in that way -like playing to two audiences at the same time -seems slightly disrespectful , either one or the other - maybe i'm old fashioned !

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    maybe its me and maybe i'm completely wrong ! but i am beginning to notice that for some it isn't enough to post their thread on one forum , but are posting the very same on a certain 'other ' - same thread title same content - no reason not to maintain one's ties whatsoever but just seems wrong to myself in some way to duplicate in that way -like playing to two audiences at the same time -seems slightly disrespectful , either one or the other - maybe i'm old fashioned !
    Yeah I've never done that, even before the existence of this site, since I post occasionally on other forums as well. An exception might be if it was purely informative, such as breaking news or a warning about a scammer etc. Anyway for the time being I intend to maintain my omnipresence though I imagine that my contributions elsewhere will decrease as IWL becomes ever more populated and active.

11. Likes shameless liked this post
    I will hang in both until I feel the urge to stay somewhere. In the past I have juggled 3-4 forums for a particular hobby but one was always "home" usually it was the most active. I am curious how the quality of content will change there. I think we have seen an uptick in useless and troll-like threads there and this is much more relaxed. This forum will develop a feel and I expect that forum to take on a different feel once those changes happen in full I will know where I fit. When this forum grows well beyond the "familiar faces" I will have a better answer to my question. I have seen so many new forums fall flat on their face due to the inability to develop momentum but I am happy to see this forum is already up and running with a LOT of people who provide useful content. I have always felt the "answer people" are the ones that really build a forum, not the question people. Nothing better to turn new members off is asking a legitimate question and day after day coming with no answer or direction. This forum already has a membership with deep knowledge and a desire to interact. When I look around here I see a large number of people that when they post I listen.

M. Montaigne, above, makes an important point; that there is a wealth of information on WUS. I wouldn't want to ignore something that, after all, quite a lot of the members here have had a part in building. That said, here is more fun to be, and I'm very interested in it being a success.

In the longer run, I want to see how IWL will differentiate itself and develop its own identity and its own way of servicing the watch community. Right now you're the new cool kids on the block (as I've heard it said). What direction will you/we take to establish ourselves as a viable and sustaining operation?
    Last edited by dbakiva; Nov 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM.

14. Likes Der Amf, M. Montaigne liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    M. Montaigne, above, makes an important point; that there is a wealth of information on WUS. I wouldn't want to ignore something that, after all, quite a lot of the members here have had a part in building. That said, here is more fun to be, and I'm very interested in it being a success.

In the longer run, I want to see how IWL will differentiate itself and develop its own identity and its own way of servicing the watch community. Right now you're the new cool kids on the block (as I've heard it said). What direction will you/we take to establish ourselves as a viable and sustaining operation?
    My guess is, it is all up to us. Can a leopard change it's spots? We are all the same people incuding moderators.
    May I suggest we leave some of ourselves back there and just try to maintain what is so refreshing over here.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

16. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    My guess is, it is all up to us. Can a leopard change it's spots? We are all the same people incuding moderators.
    May I suggest we leave some of ourselves back there and just try to maintain what is so refreshing over here.

John
    I definitely look forward to keeping my contrariness reserved for the old country, for sure

18. Likes is that my watch liked this post