Size:  103.1 KB

Grunty watch week, day two.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Name:  A976326E-315E-45C6-8F33-CCBC7A3EF704.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  103.1 KB

Grunty watch week, day two.
    Such a classic.
    Could never understand about getting rid before. The wrightup elsewhere of the last was of a heart felt joy to be hold. Ace , keeper . please , this time ..... even though it is a quartz

Last weekend of summer , up north anyway

Name:  IMG_0393.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  58.0 KBName:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  59.1 KB
    still can't believe I've been able to get such a beaut

Hawkinge today

Cheers,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Such a classic.
    Could never understand about getting rid before. The wrightup elsewhere of the last was of a heart felt joy to be hold. Ace , keeper . please , this time ..... even though it is a quartz

You remember what I wrote about the first one? Thanks.

I wrote a bit of a travelogue, including a section about Silvermans. I remember that day very well, even though it was nearly a decade ago. I’m glad that I experienced the old Silvermans emporium, in what I now know was an old tram garage - I didn’t know that at the time. The new shop is only just round the corner. I’ve only seen it on Street View, but it won’t have the ramshackle magic of the old place. The watches were just displayed under the glass top of a counter. You could easily have visited the shop to buy some boots without noticing that they sold watches. A wonderful place, with the smell of old canvas. Mannequins dressed in Red Army uniforms or Norwegian arctic gear.

7. Likes Strela167 liked this post
    Oh, and as I’ve written elsewhere, my reason for getting rid of the old one - as far as I can remember - was simply that I had gone off watches with fixed strap bars. It didn’t help that I don’t like NATOs. There might have been some other mad reason too. Downscaling to just a few ‘quality’ watches, perhaps.

Fortunately, my interest in British military watches never went away, and my aversion to fixed bars didn’t last that long.

I’ve revisited a few watches that I’ve had before, as if I was more right about them than I knew.

9. Likes wschofield3, Strela167 liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes hayday liked this post