11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4) djw - slava

5 45.45%
  • 8) litlmn - timex

6 54.55%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: **** Mfas lock-down edition **** round three ****

**** Mfas lock-down edition **** round three ****

Ladies and gentleman this is the next round of the more for a score comp we have been doing.

For those that may not have seen them before we do a comp every now and then when members ask for it been doing them from almost the start of IWL... so the plan buy a watch has to cost under £20 pounds ( or what ever your local currency is to that sum ) plus post (here most try to get the post as part of the £20 pounds - but did say a small amount was over look-able if not excessive )

Then you wait for them, and clean and fix them up if they need it and see whose one wins the most votes and they win a badge .. the glory ..bragging rights... etc etc

Ok next two pulled are :

4) djw - slava - 8) litlmn - timex

4) djw - slava

Well it’s been all go here over the last couple of weeks but after a failed Chinese clock for £5 and a sekonda that needs some work on the keyless works (or movement transplant ) which i have not got the time. And after many failed bids I managed to get something for a decent price (although the postage was extortionate) so here is my effort this time and surprise surprise it’s Russian a nice condition slava . It has the 2428 twin barrelled movement and is gaining about 3mins a day without me regulating it. i think the crown is wrong but apart from that a nice clean watch.

8) litlmn - timex

Nothing too profound to say about it. Listing puts it at a birth year watch for me (1977). Has a trippy checked pattern dial, high dome crystal, day and date complication with a hand wind movement. I haven’t opened the case yet to inspect, but it seems to be running decently. Timing app put it at + 31 sec. Not bad for a 40something year old Timex.

Has a PITA system for adjusting the day and date by advancing the hour hand past 3/4 and returning back past 12....rinse and repeat. On to the pics.

voting will be done as a view-able vote so those on tapacrap who want to vote can just say here and then when voting finishes will add those to the score on tallying up .. every one is welcome to vote whether they enter anything or not

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes DJW GB, crownpuller liked this post
    Oh, tough call. I’m going to have to think about this round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Slava is inimitably Russian, which is appealing, but it gains three minutes a day. The Timex is more useable, only gaining thirty seconds - but could I look at that dial every day?

I was going to vote for the practicality of the Timex, but Slavic eccentricity has turned my head.

Slava.

I have literally no idea. I like the hypno dial and the classically non nonsense hands but the Slava's indices are really nice (even though I know it's a ring of plastic, it works. The dial is nice and the odd date aperture whould look dreadful but actually adds to the style. Also I'm trying to overcome the minor detail that I am, to my shame, Timexisit. If the name on the dial was 'Osama Bin Hitler' instead, I'd probably shrug and vote for it. If ever there was a case for showing us the movements. Although, off the top of my head I'm not sure how much it would help. I'm going to think about it, but any other photos of inside or outside would be really handy, because...

Blog Entries
    Such '70s coolness. Tough call. Almost a coin toss, this week.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Oh, tough call. I’m going to have to think about this round.
    ^^^ That.

I can't even play the patriot card with the Timex.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

yes interesting match as not sure either would have beat either of the two left so this way one will at least go forward to the next round going to be a hard one to decide well easy for me thou as never vote for myself so be fun to see how close it is as reckon be very close ..like I guess this one might be

went Russian but guess no one is surprised at that
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I could show the movement but at this stage it may Be unfair . That Timex is a good looker though.

Billy super duper.

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    I could show the movement but at this stage it may Be unfair . That Timex is a good looker though.

Billy super duper.
    yes be interesting to see the timex movement because it will be either hideously functional and plain or something a bit special ant really seen any other mix from timex that I have opened
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

**** Mfas lock-down edition **** round three ****

Well I dug out the case back opener and it definitely falls under the functional category. Less is more?

12. Likes crownpuller, DJW GB liked this post