Likes Likes:  451
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WRUW Tuesday 29th September 2020

Started with the Muhle, swapped to the IWC on Gas Gas Bones strap for dinner at my daughter's apt (*WE* are fixing her shower )

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    ^^^ This makes sense to me.

"useless" ?.... Not at all. When I don't know something - Any and all ideas & suggestions are welcome.
    "Correct me if I'm wrong" - You're not wrong.
    " I think it's a natural way to decrease battery use..." - This also makes sense to me.
    "The designers of the movement probably didn't expect people to study the minutes hand with a loupe." - Who are you calling 'people' ? I'd still like to find some 'official' Citizen documentation to say how it's supposed to work.

Damn ! That means mine's not unique, and it's not the first/only prototype and highly collectible and worth a packet.

Nope, it's not that either. I saw that same manual (which is where I ruled out the low power suggestion): It's not 'hopping' every minute for low power, and it's not skipping 'in triplets' for the time set warning.
    I've stopped and started it several times, and wound both forwards & backwards a full 12 hours to reset the time (... and: Yes, the crown was/is pushed home correctly ); it continues to nudge ahead every 4 seconds. So until proven otherwise, I'm concluding that's how it's supposed to move.

Thanks all for the interest and input. I think Strela167 & skywatch have the answers that make the most sense to me, and I'm going with the stepper motor/power saving suggestions; for now at least.
    well did say cog thingy on a very early post as to how it was moving shessh just cause I don't know the fancy titles of the parts they will always be thingy me bobs and dodads and what do you call them

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

to be honest I think I have one that does that can't remember which one but think with some you have a click and they pop to each mark others you have a cog that slowly moves it a bit closer each time so yeah probably the movement used is that type
    Last edited by is that my watch; Sep 29, 2020 at 09:07 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    thank you for the great laugh Geoff! i really need that!

i did gain some weight in the beginning of the lockdown... i didn't care since i didn't meet anyone anyway... these last couple of months is really heavy for me and facing so many problems and family issues (the big family... -- me, my wife, and kids are all solid and support each other).. and health issues also add up... all that i can help me right now is just miracles..
    in the last month or so, i started just to eat once a day... sometime once every 2-3 days... i just don't feel hungry and can't sleep well.. today i ate after almost 4 days.. just ate an Egg, meatball and a slice of papaya..

so i hope everybody could eat well and really enjoy life... if you have a great day, it is always a blessing... i deeply hope life treats everybody well..
    great days are precious..

oh, and also great watches...
    was going to send ya a p.m but your inbox is full mate

as we are family here can say it here I suppose

just thought would p.m and say thinking of you at this time with how things are in the world and how bad things are so yeah not big on words but yeah... you and your family are in my thought

that last bit goes to many on here too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes gnuyork, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post

Looking out behind my house — Fall is one the best things about living in the Northeastern US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm so jealous. I miss living up north. I was just up there for labor day week and it was just a perfect end of summer weather - warm dry sunny days and cool nights - and the sound of the crickets amplified.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I think they and you are right and I never noticed. Odd.
    I only noticed it 'by accident': I took it off whilst doing a bit of washing up and set it on the window sill; I'm scrubbing away at a pan when I noticed it glint at me out of the corner of my eye.... and that's what prompted me to take a closer look; if the hand were moving gradually (as I thought it would have been), the glint would have 'faded in' but this was an instantaneous glint.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

7. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    G-Shock Riseman

Looking out behind my house — Fall is one the best things about living in the Northeastern US.

I have one of those Riseman also. Mine is a bit weathered from a missing your on my roof, and speckled a bit with white paint.

Thanks for the tree change photo. We're not going to make it up to NC or PA to see them this year. Fall was my favorite time of year when I. lived up there.
    Last edited by Samanator; Sep 29, 2020 at 09:49 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes Kronos, iyonk liked this post
    Citizen Blue Angels AT8020-54L

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    ... you could be stressed and getting fatter
    Yep. I’ve gained the “Covid 15” (pounds not kilos). I’m none too happy about it and trying to put on the brakes and reverse the direction.

12. Likes gnuyork, iyonk liked this post
    Yep. I’ve gained the “Covid 15” (pounds not kilos). I’m none too happy about it and trying to put on the brakes and reverse the direction.

I feel ya

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Sorry i have been AWOL lately..
    Been facing problems that really consume and depressed me beyond my capability..
    I've been loosing about 10kg (22pounds), and wearing my buckle 2 holes tighter..
    The last time i ate is past saturday morning.. just lost appetite and don't feel hungry.. my wife like to see me slimmer though

Simple inexpensive watches still serve me just fine.. and comfy to wear..
    Attachment 102013

Sincerely hope everybody stay save and have a great day..
    So sorry to hear you’re having a rough time. Please take care of yourself and get some solid medical advice, if you haven’t done so already. You can’t go indefinitely on such little sleep - a doctor may be able to help with that as well.

Keep us posted. We care.

15. Likes iyonk liked this post