Likes Likes:  96
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Reply or we'll come knocking at your door

Nice to hear from you Sherry, hope your health is improving.

2. Likes popoki nui, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Sherry says "... the loss of one of my beloved cats over Christmas."

Losing my beloved Mek Mek a few years back really smacked me hard, so I can relate to what you're experiencing. Cats are one of life's greatest joys and losing one is a gut punch. Condolences.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

4. Likes popoki nui, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Thanks, it's been tough on the family.

Then, in the middle of the mess/death, my wife was getting her hair cut and a drunk slammed into her car. We're waiting to hear if it's a total loss.

So glad to your wife was not in it. It will be best if they total it generally, but this does not look like enough to meet the value for them to do this.

Interesting, it looks like it has a cross car leaf spring. Volvo parts catalog confirms this. I did not know they did this.
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 21, 2024 at 07:57 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    So glad to your wife was not in it. It will be best if they total it generally. Interesting, it looks like it has a composite cross car leaf spring.

It is not repairable. We got a settlement offer yesterday, ~$3500 more than expected.

7. Likes Raza, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    ...Interesting, it looks like it has a cross car leaf spring. Volvo parts catalog confirms this. I did not know they did this.
    The mid 60s and later Corvette used a mono leaf spring for the independent rear suspension. Sometimes old tech was smart tech.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job