Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random watch spotting

Random watch spotting

Horrible train journey home after a long day so have indulged in a little watch spotting.
    So far have seen a Speedy reduced (from a distance, but pretty confident that's what it was), a GMT Master (50/50 on whether it was fake or not), some kind of Citizen field watch (recognisable by the strap with this big metal bits) and randomly a Shinola Runwell.

Had dinner this week with a guy wearing a 2 tone Rolex sub, and a lady with a Cartier blue balloon.
    They both talked watches for a few min and were interested to see my Nomos.
    I posted a sneaky pic of the No Radiation Blancpain last week at coffee.
    Also at work I saw a platinum dial yacht master but I have a suspicion it is not real. It had a smooth seconds hand but looked more than 40mm - not certain.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Had dinner this week with a guy wearing a 2 tone Rolex sub, and a lady with a Cartier blue balloon.
    They both talked watches for a few min and were interested to see my Nomos.
    I posted a sneaky pic of the No Radiation Blancpain last week at coffee.
    Also at work I saw a platinum dial yacht master but I have a suspicion it is not real. It had a smooth seconds hand but looked more than 40mm - not certain.
    I do wonder about the whole fake thing. I know a few people who have fakes and they don't seem to give a shit about it, almost to be proud of it. Makes me wasn't to examine the watches and debunk them. The only one I've seen up close was a HORRIFIC fake Breitling Bentley.

I didn't know Shinola was sold in the UK.

Anyway, I spotted a guy wearing a PO earlier this week at a restaurant. I also met with a client, who was wearing a quartz Tag Heuer F1, a few days ago.

Meeting a friend tonight who wears a gold datejust on a gold jubilee bracelet, mother of pearl dial, diamond indicies and diamond bezel. Yes, it's a bit flash but he is a real estate agent and it suits his personality.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

This week...nothing particularly interesting except I saw a guy wearing pam Bronzo 382,312 and 372 on a skinny lady...besides Panerai,I saw the orange bezel Orient diver (Mako XL?),white metal Richard Mille,Hublot Big bang (ugh),numerous Gshocks,and lots of fashion brands (Guess,Diesel,Ellese,Daniel Wellington,Timberland etc) and of course apple watch is a trend here,lots of people are wearing it....

One of my traveling Bob watch subway friends was wearing a BLNR. The other one had an unsigned dial, field/military style watch.

Only thing worth noting this week was a nice vintage Omega Constellation, otherwise lots of Apple watches.......Yuck!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Saw a DJ on a guy's wrist while in the grocery line this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    and randomly a Shinola Runwell

Now that is a surprise. If he was British, I'd put money on him belonging to a watch forum.