Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Regulation lever pusher tool

Regulation lever pusher tool

When working close up I don’t have good 3-D vision. I’ve had a difficult time getting an appropriate screwdriver blade positioned correctly against the regulator lever to push it. One time, I went down into the balance wheel and I will only say it did not turn out well.

I ground a notch into the tip of this inexpensive 2 mm screwdriver blade. De-burred it afterwards, wiped and rinsed it and then wiped it again to hopefully eliminate all small bits of junk. It worked just as I hoped it would.

Gently rest the short part of the blade tip on the top surface of regulator lever. The longer side of the tip is the pusher.

Last edited by Mystic Nerd; Oct 11, 2020 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Nerd View Post
    When working close up I don’t have good 3-D vision. I’ve had a difficult time getting an appropriate screwdriver blade positioned correctly against the regulator lever to push it. One time, I went down into the balance wheel and I will only say it did not turn out well.

I ground a notch into the tip of this inexpensive 2 mm screwdriver blade. De-burred it afterwards, wiped and rinsed it and then wiped it again to hopefully eliminate all small bits of junk. It worked just as I hoped it would.

Gently rest the short part of the blade tip on the top surface of regulator lever. The longer side of the tip is the pusher.

Nice idea that but if you use a spring bar remover tool it's already done for us

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I will try that. The approach to the lever’s edge will be different but it could work well. Thanks!