Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Seems really weird to welcome people...

Seems really weird to welcome people...

When I have only been here for a day?

I usually wait months before "welcoming" as it feels like standing near the door of a party you crashed saying hello and inviting people to partake of the food and libations. It just feels different from that here, I wonder why.

2. Likes vinylgreek, scottjc, dbakiva liked this post
    It feels cozy and warm here, so I don't have a problem with welcoming users already.

4. Likes ilitig8 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    It feels cozy and warm here, so I don't have a problem with welcoming users already.

True. I was an active member at he other forum for years with 4,000 posts. Similar crew here, nice people....

Can I get anyone a glass of wine?

7. Likes Rob, jsw41 liked this post
    We've all only been here for 3/4 weeks tops so not much you can do about it! Plus we're most of us NOS here anyway

9. Likes jsw41 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The Lobby is sorta like a family reunion right now and it's been great to see.
    In the future we hope it'll continue to be a friendly place for genuinely new enthusiasts to post inquiries and introductions. That'll take time though.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

I think it's a self-selecting thing; the people here have chosen to come, it's kind of like the pioneers or astronauts (OK, on a far more trivial scale, admitted). You get the people who truly love the discussions and are really watch people. I theorize that the "what's the best watch for under $150/$500/$1000/$3000" people don't arrive until after the forum has gained substantial critical mass. Until then, it's just us...

12. Likes jsw41 liked this post