Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkest Secret

Darkest Secret

Maybe it's middle age and a softening brain, but I've become a fan of weepy movies based on weepy novels. Watch The Fault in Our Stars and I dare you not to get choked up...Jane Austin-based movies still bore the hell out of me so I know I'm not senile just yet.

Blog Entries
    Oh, we all have our guilty secrets. John Green isn't such a bad one really. I'm pretty sure I have you beat. I adore Teen Wolf (never miss an episode) and have Toxic on my playlist.

How I know I'm not senile? Still hate Twilight.

Jeannie
    Last edited by Jeannie; Aug 1, 2015 at 06:37 PM.
    The adventures of Bob the Traveling Watch

. . . . . . . . . .

3. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Just to make you feel old, Toxic was the unofficial ironic song of my high school senior trip. A bunch of us got Toxic as our ringtone on our phones. For whatever reason, it was hilarious to us then.

And since I also bring the sweet with the sour, I have Nelly Furtado on my iPod. Because I am like a bird and I do always fly away.

Now to listen to some Run the Jewels to cleanse my palette.

5. Likes Ryan liked this post
    We watched it.

I was able to maintain, but the wife lost it........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Maybe it's middle age and a softening brain, but I've become a fan of weepy movies based on weepy novels. Watch The Fault in Our Stars and I dare you not to get choked up...Jane Austin-based movies still bore the hell out of me so I know I'm not senile just yet.
    I read the book and I'm man enough to admit I cried at the end

8. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    How I know I'm not senile? Still hate Twilight.

Jeannie
    I can't speak to the books but the movies I saw were horrid. I went with the Mrs. to see the first one in the theater. The second one we watched at home and even with a lot of whiskey I told her I won't be able to make it through another one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I can't speak to the books but the movies I saw were horrid. I went with the Mrs. to see the first one in the theater. The second one we watched at home and even with a lot of whiskey I told her I won't be able to make it through another one.
    While staying at a friend's, I picked up a copy of one of the Twilight books. All it took me was a page and a half to realize just how poorly they are written.

11. Likes bolaberlim liked this post
    After I became a father movies with parent and child dynamics make me emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    While staying at a friend's, I picked up a copy of one of the Twilight books. All it took me was a page and a half to realize just how poorly they are written.
    The movies are like staring at the gif below for two hours. She's filled with teenage angst because she is in love with a warewolf and a vampire and has to choose one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Poorly? You must be feeling generous today, are you ill? You're giving them too much credit, it's not like you. The only worse book I ever tried read was 50 shades of grey. They're turds with the shape of books.

15. Likes Raza liked this post