Likes Likes:  77
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A watch for where you are in your life

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    glad for you mate. nice when you get something you have wanted for a long time could not happen to a nicer guy
    Thanks. I'm hoping this quells my thoughts about getting the rose gold Yacht Master as a retirement watch. That and I've always kind of had a line at $15K that I have not crossed for a single watch yet. When they were $23K I held off. Now that it's nearly $27K I think I have decent resistance at that level. Besides who knows when it will show up? It might end up being a retirement gift.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Thanks. I'm hoping this quells my thoughts about getting the rose gold Yacht Master as a retirement watch. That and I've always kind of had a line at $15K that I have not crossed for a single watch yet. When they were $23K I held off. Now that it's nearly $27K I think I have decent resistance at that level. Besides who knows when it will show up? It might end up being a retirement gift.
    well not into rolos but out of the two think the blue nice but the yacht is a looker so yes who knows when you will see one and I bet it's one that a lot of people will be after so yeah this one will keep you going till you get the other
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The blue dial two tone Sub is a such classic watch. It definitely telegraphs a certain status message, and maybe even a time in life. Congratulations on another serious addition to your collection!

I notice you are also polling the group a bit, so I'll play.

As for my own sense of a "where I am in life": I think I prefer to stay a bit below the radar. I have always worked for myself, so retirement isn't really an option, unless I become incapacitated. So maybe my slapdash hoard of medium-nice watches actually captures my time in life perfectly. Nothing highly symbolic or recognizable to casual observers, just subtle things I like to wear. Simple thin watches like my Nomos or the Chronoswiss Sirius might capture my vibe pretty well I guess.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Congrats Michael - great watch. I reckon I could wear that one.

I have just ordered the perfect watch for myself. Just passed my padi scuba course and I'm single so a "submariner, no date" will do me.

Name:  rolex_submariner_grande.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  36.3 KB

Stock pic.

Many many thanks to the IWL member who helped me to obtain this (as yet not delivered) unobtanium piece for a very reasonable price considering. I would appreciate it if they would identify themselves, but it's down to them to reply 'no probs bro.'
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Hey wait a minute, I recommended the no date version and it was a complete no-no!

Sincere and fulsome congratulations.

7. Likes geoffbot, Samanator, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Hey wait a minute, I recommended the no date version and it was a complete no-no!

Sincere and fulsome congratulations.
    I prefer the functionality of the date for sure, but I'll take the clean lines of the ND. Plus it's what's available and I want me a sub! And I don't have a job so I don't need to know the date.

Thank you squire.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post

I have just ordered the perfect watch for myself. Just passed my padi scuba course and I'm single so a "submariner, no date" will do me.

Stock pic.

Many many thanks to the IWL member who helped me to obtain this (as yet not delivered) unobtanium piece for a very reasonable price considering. I would appreciate it if they would identify themselves, but it's down to them to reply 'no probs bro.'
    Well, it’s about time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes JAGtime, geoffbot, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post

Stock pic.

OK. That would be me and your welcome for the assist with the Sub. It ties well with the theme of the thread. It will be on it's way when you say so. I'm looking forward to seeing it on your wrist.
    Last edited by Samanator; Oct 20, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Send it to me - I’m not a million miles from Geoff’s last known location. He could check out the wrist shots, if he doesn’t mind me re-sizing the bracelet.

Oh no, hang on... I’d have to stump up the import charges...

Wow, great thread - congrats, Michael and Geoff!

14. Likes geoffbot, Samanator liked this post