Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver dial + gold case + black strap ... any photos?

Silver dial + gold case + black strap ... any photos?

Manufacturers generally tend, at the moment, to offer their gold watches on warm brown straps, eg.

Which suits the watches very nicely, but maybe not the outfit one might also be wearing.

Having seen this I Googled for "silver dial" "gold case" "black strap" but only got the very unappealing stock photos.

Can anyone show this combination looking a bit more appealing?!
    Last edited by Der Amf; Aug 2, 2015 at 07:57 AM.

This is my opinion and mine alone and mean no offence to those who may not share it, but I think the black strap on that combination generally presents itself as a cheap fashion watch. Whereas the first one looks to me very well put together and elegant.

Just my 2 cents.

And there are, I'm sure, countless examples that will follow shortly and completely debunk my thoughts above

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    This is my opinion and mine alone and mean no offence to those who may not share it, but I think the black strap on that combination generally presents itself as a cheap fashion watch. Whereas the first one looks to me very well put together and elegant.

Just my 2 cents.

And there are, I'm sure, countless examples that will follow shortly and completely debunk my thoughts above
    I once wore a brown strap with Black Tie and oh my god it looked beyond terrible

Managed to find examples more towards the Moser level, but still just horrible stock photos

This is my father's watch...

Its actually on a brown strap but the colour filter I ran it through has darkened giving you an impression of what it might look if the strap were black.

Instagram: @tempocalypse

6. Likes Der Amf, Ryan, JAGtime, Martin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    Rose gold seems to go better with black leather
    Is the dial usually that close to white?or just in that photo? I've noticed that White dial plus gold and black is more common (eg Pateks)

Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    This is my father's watch...

Its actually on a brown strap but the colour filter I ran it through has darkened giving you an impression of what it might look if the strap were black.
    Thanks

I tried that, in a very primitive way on my phone, with a couple of Moser watches (yes I'm obsessed with them!) but rather screwed up the colour of everything else in the process. And anyway they were stock photos in the first place:

It is very white.
    Check some photos of the regular CAR2111 for more photos of their white dial.
    It's not a brushed dial.

I would agree with drunken monkey that Rose gold probably looks better with black.

Its an off white silvered dial rather than a Silver dial per se but still...

Instagram: @tempocalypse

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I did actually already do a search for Longines as that style seemed them - most of the results I got the dials were very close to white.

I just had the idea of slipping a black perlon over the brown strap of a watch of mine that has a purely silver dial. In every photo I took the silver made up for the stern quality of the black by reflecting the warmth of the gold case:

I suspect that the average stock photo of a silver dial does an extremely good job of reducing it to a dull grey

13. Likes OhDark30 liked this post