Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temperatures in Middle East soar to 165F/72C

Temperatures in Middle East soar to 165F/72C

This is really insane, I can't come close to imagining what heat like this feels like

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...F-in-Iran.html

Crazy. I didn't even know that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Crazy. I didn't even know that was possible.
    Yeh, that was my reaction

This is crazy..water will scald at 70 degrees!

You guys probably know this, but that measurement is for heat index - not the actual temperature. Still, 50 degrees Celsius / 120 degrees Fahrenheit is plenty hot enough*. Thanks to the California desert I've been in temperatures around 40 degrees Celsius / 110 degrees Fahrenheit...kinda feels like you've got a blow drier in your face all the time.

*A shout-out to Sepp Blatter and FIFA's executive committee for figuratively (and nearly literally) taking the game to hell in 2022. I bet those workers didn't get any days off.
    Last edited by ljb187; Aug 2, 2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I type worse than a monkey...much worse

6. Likes 93EXCivic liked this post
    I was in Dubai in August 2013 in 42-45 degrees celsius and I felt like there's a dragon breathing fire onto my back...72 is brutal!!! I guess I will just stay at home with AC on the whole day...

Great bit of journalism from The Telegraph. I guess they don't know what heat index is either.
    Google time for me.

My phone weather widgit calls that "real feel" for simpleton like me
    Last edited by MarkO; Aug 2, 2015 at 06:30 PM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

9. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Great bit of journalism from The Telegraph. I guess they don't know what heat index is either.
    They know full well, they're just bending reality to get the wow factor for the headline.

40-42 is the hottest I've been in (Costa Rica) that extra 25% would be crazy. I really like the heat but that's just too much. Mid- to high-thirties with low humidity is perfect for me.

Around here they usually just call the heat index "feels like"
    Last edited by Chase; Aug 2, 2015 at 08:05 PM.

12. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    They know full well, they're just bending reality to get the wow factor for the headline.
    That's one of the things I can't stand about the "news". Sensationalism journalism was the decline of the genre.

14. Likes Seriously liked this post