Never, in my life, have I had more comments on my watch. From friends. From strangers. No one can help but notice my full metal gold-tone G-Shock (the Casio G-Shock Full Metal GMW-B5000GD-9). But if you’ve met me, or follow me on Instagram, you’ll likely know that I tend to lean towards simple, cleanly designed watches with two or three hands. I love watches that manufacturers like Cartier produce for this very reason, as well as anything else that strives for balance and proportion above all else. So why did I add one of the loudest and most gaudy timepieces released in recent memory to my collection? Mainly because I also love watches that don’t take themselves too seriously. Of course many of the most desirable watches on earth are expensive, and must be treated with appropriate respect – especially in the important world of vintage watch collecting. But I’m undeniably attracted to watches that can poke some fun, or offer reference to something they are diametrically opposed to. This might be the brilliant H. Moser Swiss Alp Concept Black, a minute repeater tourbillon without hands that costs $350,000, which reminds of a certain mass-produced tech product. Or it might…

The post MY YEAR WITH: The Casio G-Shock Full Metal GMW-B5000GD-9. Did the gold eventually get old? appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...