Likes Likes:  61

View Poll Results: What size strap(s) will you buy?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18mm

8 27.59%
  • 20mm

19 65.52%
  • 22mm

22 75.86%
  • 24mm

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Intent to Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    Unfortunately 15 isn't even really close.

My hope is that more people would buy once it's made but I'm on the fence right now on whether I want to take that chance or not. Making 300 with only 15 "sold" is a little iffy. If we had more like 50 people hot to buy I'd do it without question.
    If we're only doing one size, some of the 20mm voters may buy a 22mm making the sold amount higher. I voted 20mm (to use on my Alpinist) but I'll buy a 22mm even though the only three watches I've ever owned with 22mm lugs are gone now.

I said I'll buy a strap and, by god, I'll buy a strap!

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Alternatively, maybe some of the 22mm voters could be persuaded to switch to 20mm?

I would order one 18mm, two 20mm and one 22mm. So that's 4 straps.

If no 18mm is made then I would order two 22mm.
    Last edited by Colin63; Aug 9, 2015 at 11:25 AM.
    There's nothing important to read here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    I would order one 18mm, two 20mm and one 22mm. So that's 4 straps.

If no 18mm is made then I would order two 22mm.
    well If I have this right we can't do a mixed size order it has to be 300 of a set size if we can get 50 or so members involved then we would carry on with the order and hope the excess could be sold on his site to recoup any lost I don't think he is really in it to make a profit might be nice to have some but think it is more just recoup any cost on this one so we would have our own team nato so to speak

I like you are willing to buy several of them to be honest in any size

but we need to have a minimal amount of members saying there in to go any further by the look of it and as been said the more the members join the cheaper it will be can't remember what the pricing was but it was fair for a nato I thought at the time and still do
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Sorry, late to the process but have I missed a target price? As I understand it it will be one of 3 sizes? Please reiterate for us late comers. I would likely buy one in either 22mm or 20mm. If price was reasonable and all were available, I'd probably buy an 18, a 20 and a 22.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Sorry, late to the process but have I missed a target price? As I understand it it will be one of 3 sizes? Please reiterate for us late comers. I would likely buy one in either 22mm or 20mm. If price was reasonable and all were available, I'd probably buy an 18, a 20 and a 22.
    With the current numbers I'm leaning towards $16 for each strap. If we can get more to commit I can lower it but not by a lot unless we really​ gain some numbers.
    Kody

Quote Originally Posted by Ague Trading Co View Post
    With the current numbers I'm leaning towards $16 for each strap. If we can get more to commit I can lower it but not by a lot unless we really​ gain some numbers.
    yeah it is not terrible but cheaper is better I was thinking if you was to do another vote but only have the option on 20mm and 22mm only as they was the highest and make it so you could only vote for one or the other we could get an idea . plus maybe ask them to say which size they have picked and how many they want so we could have some idea of quantity
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

If we're just trying to get an estimate on how many buyers there are, how about a thread/poll something like "I will buy one strap whether the size is 20mm or 22mm" and anyone buying more can reply to the thread with the quantity they want?

Then, of course, people just have to reply to the thread... this year.

I still don't think you're going to get 50 though. :-(

I voted for a 22mm over 20mm if I had to pick.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Yeah, I voted 20mm as I can fit that on to the 22mm watches. That said, I'd buy a 22mm no problem.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.