Likes Likes:  363
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 29 January 2021 »»»»»»»»»

««««««««« WRUW - Friday - 29 January 2021 »»»»»»»»»

Good day, IWL

Name:  OMEGA_SBA52.JPG
Views: 82
Size:  179.5 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 29, 2021 at 06:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ohhh... hmmm day 26 I guess, looking back through the stack. It's August 2015, and I acquired a used Sinn 556a at a good price through the forum sales, and I was a bit disappointed at the condition the watch arrived. The previous owner had managed to put a bunch of dings and scratches on the case, and the outer AR coating was wearing off. I snarked a bit about that, but absorbed the purchase (it was a good deal) and made a pretty good run at a refurb, including full removal of the outside AR coating (a surprising challenge, but big improvement.) It came with the bracelet, and I was able to sell the bracelet for a fair reduction on the price of the watch, so it all went quite well and I am a happy owner. (It's on iyonk now, so it's a keeper.)

Last edited by skywatch; Jan 29, 2021 at 06:44 AM.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Citizen AT9018.
    Cheers, Sedi

today is a bit special as this one is a lordquartz I bought a joblot of three all diff models but all lordquartz range years ago so got them all working gifted one too my dad gifted one to a fellow member on here whose a seiko fan and keep this one this was a first run watch as the ref codes under a ton for the last three digits so can say for certain it's a seiko lord quartz from November 1979 model number 8243-7000 not sure on the bracelet and might see if got something better been on that from as long as I had it thou but the clasp is playing up

(just noticed the date )

Name:  DSCF1832.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  108.3 KBName:  DSCF1836.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  123.4 KB

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2 days to go in my complete rotation. Anyone care to guess what the 2 remaining watches are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

Name:  DSCF1832.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  108.3 KB
    Lovely Seiko. I do always think that logo looks like a c*ck and b*lls though

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Lovely Seiko. I do always think that logo looks like a c*ck and b*lls though

thanks mate
    yes I did a thread on that some where held me back from buying these models the joblot was bought years ago and ant bought another of that type till end of last years well tomorrows show and tell actually so yeah suppose to be the quartz crystals used in it so guessing thats why they phased the symbol out over the years

but when you see some models you just got to have them whether the old fruit and veg is out or not ant you but only as I say got two with that markings
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

9. Likes whatmeworry, Pip, Samanator liked this post
    Recycled pic happy Friday IWL

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

>>

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk