Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From New Zealand to Calgary in 4 days...

From New Zealand to Calgary in 4 days...

If at least it will be if the post office can deliver on time tomorrow.

There's been a fair bit of Magrette talk going around here the last couple weeks. I've always admired some of Dion's models but shared a popular misconception they were all 44mm pieces. Learning I was mistaken I took to his site once again armed with my new information and sought out the 42mm models. There were two, not counting the variations of each.

I remembered this one back from before it was launched perhaps a year or so ago. I like modern pieces with some vintage appeal and it seemed to check that box off for me. Plus it's just got that something different about it. It's not your typical cushion case. Nor the usual mix of stainless and bronze. The only vintage lume I have is actually vintage, so will see how this part goes. Anyways, it struck a chord once again and now realizing it was in fact in a size that worked for me pulled the trigger.

I did ask if he could do a little swapping on a Dual Time while I was at it, liking both the brown and olive dials but preferring the stainless case to the pvd. This wasn't meant to be so I happily arranged for the one Leoncino white dial to come my way.

Hopefully I'll have more than just this one random good image to share with you by this time tomorrow. Worse case Friday. Famous last words, I know!

Thanks to the enablers. You know who you are!

Magrette Leoncino:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chase; Aug 6, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

Another striking Magrette. They're not something that I would buy these days, but I can appreciate them.

Raised numerals and recessed indices? Now there's a novelty...

Oh, at 42mm I could almost convince myself that I could pull it off.

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Happily unadjusted 😜 popoki nui's Avatar
    Nice! I love the tan/gold on white, and round dial on cushion case.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Hamilton Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen

Like IWL on Facebook!

6. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    I think you will like it

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Raised numerals and recessed indices? Now there's a novelty...
    Somehow I managed to miss that until after the order was in. Would it have changed my mind? In hindsight perhaps, but at the time maybe not. I'll reserve judgement until it's on my wrist. At this point I think it bothers me more that I missed it that the design itself.

Bit of backstory; I've been on this ages long quest for affordables I don't flip very quickly. Vast majority of them have gone to new owners before the new watch smell wore off. This past New Years I swore off of them, but obviously still dabble in the odd one from time to time. It was getting silly expensive to continuously not end up with a watch I wanted to keep.

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

That looks really nice, Chase. I hope it works out for you.

Look's absolutely stunning!

at 42mm, it would fit well for pencil wrist like mine... hope you could provide some wrist shots soon

Nice! I like the color combination, and the casing, and the size, and the looks, and the price.........wait.... What have you done????

Ok, seriously, it's definite a fine looking piece. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Chase liked this post
    Looks like it should be out for delivery tomorrow so we shall see.
    Only I'm not around all day so probably get a notice then have to pick it up Friday.

Really impressed how fast it got here from NZ then blitzed through customs and made it here (hopefully) without incident. All this through regular post to boot!