Likes Likes:  118
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IWL photos and Facebook.

Exclamation IWL photos and Facebook.

Hi everyone,
    As you might know, IWL has a Facebook page. Recently, pepperami and I have been tasked with keeping the Facebook page fresh and relevant, and to help build our social media presence.

To that end, one of the ways we'd like to do that is to feature IWL members' beautiful images as our cover photo. We're spoiled for choice! From time to time, we will select a photo posted on the forums (but not any current photo contest), and ask the permission of the author to use it on our Facebook page. But don't fret; it isn't just the really good photographers we're after. IWL isn't exclusive, and any photo of any watch could be selected.

-we will always ask permission from the photographer to use his/her photo,
    -we will always give credit to the photographer,both on the photo itself, and in the description,
    -the photographer of a selected photo is always welcome to decline the use of his/her photo for any reason (and we don't need to know the reason; just a simple "no thanks" will do!).

To begin, I have chosen a photo from our amazing strap-maker, Iyonk, and his Black Monster on one of his straps. You can see it here. If you enjoy Facebook, I hope you'll join us there!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I dont have facebook.. (also tweeter, instagram and so on hehehe).. but i'm honored Sherry... thank you very much!

wish you and our facebook page all the best!

3. Likes popoki nui, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I dont have facebook.. (also tweeter, instagram and so on hehehe)
    Me either - the reception's very poor here to be fair

5. Likes iyonk, bu11itt liked this post
    I'm always surrounded by books - and by a few faces - but I don't have a facebook (or tweeter, instagram...) account. Anyway, I wish you all the luck and if by chance, you decide to choose one of my photos, feel free to use it. No need to ask for permission. As far as I'm concerned, they're public domain.
    Last edited by CFR; Aug 6, 2015 at 03:24 PM. Reason: typo

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Me either - the reception's very poor here to be fair
    Just keep moving the antenna around until Facebook comes in more clearly...

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I'm always surrounded by books - and by a few faces - but I don't have a facebook (or tweeter, instagram...) account. Anyway, I wish you all the luck and if by chance, you decide to choose one of my photos, feel free to use it. No need to ask for permission. As far as I'm concerned, they're public domain.
    I like being surrounded by books-and a few faces-as well, C! Even without a Facebook account (I don't have one either), you can still find IWL's Facebook page, using your online search engine. Thanks to Sherry and pepperami for taking on this task!

This is how it looks on Fb apps for iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Iyonk View Post
    I dont have facebook.. (also tweeter, instagram and so on hehehe).. but i'm honored Sherry... thank you very much!

wish you and our facebook page all the best!
    neither am I but you can be noise and have a look see but just can't post

Like IWL on Facebook!
    Last edited by is that my watch; Aug 6, 2015 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spell not good
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

11. Likes iyonk, Jeannie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Thanks very much, C! Very kind of you.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

13. Likes CFR, JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Thanks very much, C! Very kind of you.

~Sherry.
    You're welcome, Sherry.

15. Likes popoki nui liked this post