Likes Likes:  1,596
Page 288 of 289 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289 LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 2882

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Tame, Monkey Gone to Heaven, Mr Grieves, Gouge Away, Break My Body, Gigantic, Where is My Mind, River Euphrates, Here Comes your Man...

I think, I might be missing one or two, it's been a few years. I don't have any video unfortunately.

2. Likes Fantasio liked this post
    Did you see the Elton John cameo?
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post

Retired from Fire/Rescue on 1/05/2019 with 30 years on the job

4. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    Did you see the Elton John cameo?
    Not just Elton John - There's Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan (with twisty head) and quite a few others. He brought all his friends in for a little in-joke.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

What music are you listening to right now?

Frank Zappa, Halloween 1973 box set, courtesy of inter library loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WWII70; May 5, 2021 at 09:45 PM.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    Chester Thompson was the touring drummer for Genesis after Phil Collins became the frontman. He is a stud of a drummer.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

On my recent drive from Virginia to Texas and back, the standout listening was Maynard Ferguson’s MF Horn 4&5: Live at Jimmy’s. I have it on vinyl from when it was new. It’s the stage-band sound of my high-school years—more rock than jazz but with the classic 17-piece big-band instrumentation.

And, speaking of Genesis, Selling England By The Pound was also in the rotation.

And Yes’s Keys to Ascension 4-disc live/studio box set. I’m stunned by how those guys could pull off live performances of such complicated works with no loss of intensity over two hours of live music.

Rick “rockin’ down the highway” Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

10. Likes hayday liked this post
    For those into jazz and/or Latin, highly recommended and newly released. The fellow who plays acoustic and electric bass, does vocals and engineered/mixed this is a very old acquaintance--he was the bass player in my very first band in high school. He comes from an incredibly talented family of musicians who used to tour back when we were both kids.

Name:  61wLN3z7sRS._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png
Views: 19
Size:  216.7 KB

12. Likes hayday liked this post

What music are you listening to right now?

Moe., which is a jam band who puts on a very fun sounding show. I've only heard them live but I may see them this summer.
    Last edited by hayday; Yesterday at 04:01 PM.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Flashback from the eighties, IMO a parody of the playback videos of the era.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    When I was in a band we did a handful of Pixes covers.
    My favourite ever piece of live show merch is from Pixies show in my hometown in 2004. This was their second show since deciding to reform. The first was the night before in Saskatchewan's second largest city. The show was such a big deal that there was not a single hotel room available. People were fl;ying in from London, New York and Boston to see it.At this point odds were about 50/50 that Kim would punch Frank before the end of the show, Anyway, a T-shirt cost about $45 Canadian. For $30 Canadian you could preorder a CD of the live show. You got a chit and at the end of the show presented it at the merch desk. 5-10 minutes after the show was over you got your CD. This is a pretty damn good double live CD and U-Mass is thunderous.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; May 7, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

15. Likes Fantasio, skywatch, hayday liked this post

While sitting out on the deck sipping bourbon (with the door open to hear the music). It's 66 and no humidity rare for us here this time of year.

17. Likes tribe125 liked this post