Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 1 of 330 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

What music are you listening to right now?

What band and what song and or album, youtube vids of the songs would be cool too, I love finding stuff I am unaware of. A nugget of info about the band would also be nice.

I am listening to "You're gonna miss you" by The 13th Floor Elevators a band from Austin TX that may have been the first psychedelic rock band.

2. Likes Domo, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    After watching Django Unchained last night, there was a 30 second sample of a damn catchy song. Never heard of this guy before but I like the song plenty.

"Too Old To Die Young Now" by Brother Dege

4. Likes ilitig8, vinylgreek, gnuyork liked this post
    ^ Very cool Brother Dege is new to me, but gotta love "modern" delta Blues and I am a sucker for a Dobro.

Some more music from a period piece, O' Brother Where Art Thou, based on Homer's Odyssey. "Man of Constant Sorry" won a Grammy for the collaboration trio that performed it.

6. Likes Domo, jsw41, gnuyork, ljb187 liked this post
    Well I'm listening to these guys a lot in my car- great guitar.

8. Likes Gandalf, gnuyork liked this post
    This song is one of those pieces that stick in your mind long after it ended

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

10. Likes ilitig8 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    What band and what song and or album, youtube vids of the songs would be cool too, I love finding stuff I am unaware of. A nugget of info about the band would also be nice.

I am listening to "You're gonna miss you" by The 13th Floor Elevators a band from Austin TX that may have been the first psychedelic rock band.
    Love the 13th Floor Elevators. Poor Roky. I caught him at the ACL Fest a couple of years back.

Are you familiar with the Red Krayola? They are more or less contemporaries of the the 13th Floor Elevators. They are from Houston and have recorded sporadically sine 1966.

12. Likes Strange liked this post
    Blog Entries

14. Likes BillyR___ liked this post
    Mozart's 23rd Piano Concerto.... I won't bother embedding a youtube clip....

16. Likes OhDark30, Strange liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Love the 13th Floor Elevators. Poor Roky. I caught him at the ACL Fest a couple of years back.

Are you familiar with the Red Krayola? They are more or less contemporaries of the the 13th Floor Elevators. They are from Houston and have recorded sporadically sine 1966.
    I have heard some of their stuff over the years, never really liked their lo-fi approach to sound, but still quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Mozart's 23rd Piano Concerto.... I won't bother embedding a youtube clip....
    I like a lot of classical music. It might be a little cliche' but I listened to the second half of the 4th movement of Beethoven's 9th this morning. IMO the greatest piece of music ever written.

19. Likes Der Amf, OhDark30 liked this post