Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 262 of 330 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3293

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Reissues - MIles is -HQ 180 gram pressed by RTI, the Wes is OJC (Original Jazz Classics)

Kamaal Williams is new stuff, so original - He's English I believe too.

The Dead's final New Year's Eve show, December 31, 1991, Oakland, California.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. Likes skywatch liked this post
    My youngest daughter, Rachel, is, like me, a complete music freak. She and her fiancé travel the world attending music festivals, being away, prior to the pandemic, almost every weekend.

She was digging into my 10,000 LP and several thousand CD collection as a wee child, listening to all of the classics as well as extensive blues and jazz archives. I believe she listened to over 75% of those recordings over a period of 10+ years, and she has composed symphonies, and learned to play the guitar and keyboard quite proficiently along the way - well surpassing her Dad's playing acumen, which is horrific.

I'm so proud of her seeking musical knowledge and experiences as it is such a huge part of our lives - and we share music that we discover - this being one that Rachel discovered a while ago and we both like quite a bit.

Name:  KB.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  102.3 KB

I’d have had to nick a lot of plastic crates off the farm for 10,000 LPs...

6. Likes Kronos, wschofield3 liked this post
    Recently discovered Tyler Childers and can't get enough of his music

https://youtu.be/udNmEEfCcUM

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lonestar; Nov 22, 2020 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’d have had to nick a lot of plastic crates off the farm for 10,000 LPs...
    IKEA Kallax cabs mostly with others thrown in along the way. Since downsizing, I keep about 1,000 LP's and 3 - 400CD's in the condo, the rest in temp/humidity controlled storage. I visit monthly to exchange about 50-75 LP's and CD's.

9. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    IKEA Kallax cabs mostly with others thrown in along the way. Since downsizing, I keep about 1,000 LP's and 3 - 400CD's in the condo, the rest in temp/humidity controlled storage. I visit monthly to exchange about 50-75 LP's and CD's.
    I wondered...when I saw the 10k number I thought, "no way he's got that many in his listening room, I've seen it."

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post

I’ve had a listen to this now, and can only hear that metronome snare drum sound. Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’ve had a listen to this now, and can only hear that metronome snare drum sound. Not for me.

It's definitely different from what I usually listen to, but I can't help but really like it, including the drumming.

Last edited by gnuyork; Nov 23, 2020 at 07:22 PM.

@wschofield3 what is the oldest LP in your collection? What is your most highly prized LP?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job