Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 252 of 330 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3293

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    This evening going through my album collection in from my Dad I've been listening to each one a few passes ton each. On todays menu REO Speedwagon Life As We Know It was up. Honestly I listened to it twice, and have no clue why I bought it? Possibly why it is my only REO Speedwagon Album.

Next was Head East Different Kind of Crazy. So far so much better a few songs in.
    OK, but you have to admit that "You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tune a Fish" is an excellent album title.

Sounds like a Tom Waits song to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    OK, but you have to admit that "You Can Tune a Piano, But You Can't Tune a Fish" is an excellent album title.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Sounds like a Tom Waits song to me.

I like that song. Of course, I like most things Tom Waits...

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Agreed, but not an excellent album content wise.
    Last edited by Samanator; Sep 19, 2020 at 08:24 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    This afternoon listening to the master. David Gilmore About Face originally released in 1984. Side two could be set on repeat all afternoon if that was possible with vinyl. So good.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Side two could be set on repeat all afternoon if that was possible with vinyl.
    It used to be:
    My parents had a record player with an auto-change system, a bit like this:

Name:  Record-Player-Auto-Change.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  21.3 KB

If you lifted and twisted to the side the centre arm, you could load about 6-8 records (depending upon the thickness of the vinyl), you'd then return the top arm to the central position to keep the records in place until they were 'dropped' (one at a time)...
    ... If you put on just one record and didn't return the arm to the centre, it would 'think' there were still more records to play and would play the same record repeatedly ad-infinitum.... As my sister would demonstrate every time she bought a new record.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.