Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 11 of 330 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble… Uh sorry. Heard this at a wedding this weekend, and it's infectious. Stuck in my head, can't get it out.

2. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no treble… Uh sorry. Heard this at a wedding this weekend, and it's infectious. Stuck in my head, can't get it out.
    I think it's cute. But they play it too much.

Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I think it's cute. But they play it too much.

Jeannie
    Well lucky for me I never listen to pop music on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    But they play it too much.
    An example of a great tune that was WAY overplayed but like gnuyork I don't listen to pop stations so it never hit me as overplayed.

Pharrell and Happy

Since we are poppy for the moment this is one of my guilty pleasure artists, I would never wish it on anyone but the songs she wrote while she was in pain were great.

Adele Someone Like You

Oddly enough that was the first recommendation to come up for me when I signed up to Deezer today.
    After I'd liked/disliked a bunch of artists/composers/performers.
    Liked it. No idea who Adele is, but seems to come from somewhere pretty real
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    Since we are poppy for the moment this is one of my guilty pleasure artists, I would never wish it on anyone but the songs she wrote while she was in pain were great.

Adele Someone Like You
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Oddly enough that was the first recommendation to come up for me when I signed up to Deezer today.
    I have to admit that my favourite of that Amy Winehouse - Lily Allen - Adele generation was Lady Sovereign, an opinion I wouldn't ever attempt to justify . I won't bother giving a link either. Her producer was Prokofiev's grandson FACT

Right now, I'm listening to a classic 80s hip hop track I'm ashamed to admit I only learnt about few years ago, Young MC's Know How. Nothing like walking home from the Tube station late at night on a damp London street listening to this. Makes you walk like a nutter, but ph'kit

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    The song I linked was part of her second album written after the breakup with her boyfriend and is a treatise on loss, for me possibly the most cutting full album ever. Interestingly her US fame was delayed because she cancelled her 1st US tour to be with the previously mentioned boyfriend. Sarah Palin then launched her US career... odd huh. Adele happened to be the musical guest on SNL during the 2008 US election cycle when SNL was killing the ratings with Tina Fey's parodies of Palin the night Adele was on Palin was on the show as well so the exposure was huge and her US career was sealed.

This got me thinking about two more tunes, first in the cover of Hurt by Johnny Cash... haunting

The second is another female pop artist I really like, though she scares me a little, who happens to be one of Adele's insprirations. Pink is a monster on stage doing things most artists couldn't do WHILE lipsynching something Pink is 100% against. Not a great quality recording but this gives you a feeling of how Pink performs on stage WHILE singing. Skip the intro and go to about 3:15 for the beggining of the show.

11. Likes Strange liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I love Pink. She's my favorite young artist.

Jeannie

13. Likes Bwana liked this post