Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 3 of 330 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Blog Entries
    Run the Jewels 2 by Run the Jewels, a collaboration of El-P (rapper, producer) and Killer Mike (rapper).

Favorite track from my favorite band. Behind Blue Eyes, The Who. The Who's Next album was made from the failed Lifehouse project supposed to be the follow up rock opera after Tommy. This song represents the angst of the main antagonist in Lifehouse, Jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    Mr. Krinkle got me thinking about revivals and covers and all the threads that tie "my" music together. This is Social Distortion covering Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. I first saw them live when I was still reeling from the death of Stevie Ray Vaughn in 1990 and their first album was on the 13th Floor Records label amazing how the threads intersect with my choices for this thread.
    I have seen literally hundreds, quite possibly more than a thousand bands, in my lifetime. The first show I ever saw? Johnny Cash with June Carter and Carl Perkins on guitar.

4. Likes Strange liked this post
    With a 4 year old I find a lot of music through movie trailers these days. Here's a song used for the movie Big Hero 6 which we took him to last weekend.

And one from my favorite band which I've been listening to for almost 20 years.

A Russian doing a thing with a great 60s ska/ rocksteady beat. Heard this in one of my favourite bars a while back.

One of if not my favorite track from one of my favorite bands, Led Zeppelin's Kasmir

10. Likes Jeannie, BillyR___ liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ilitig8 View Post
    One of if not my favorite track from one of my favorite bands, Led Zeppelin's Kasmir
    I love this song. The vocals give me goosebumps.

Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    I love this song. The vocals give me goosebumps.

Jeannie
    Robert Plant's first, er, utterance in this track is worth experiencing:

13. Likes ilitig8 liked this post