Likes Likes:  1,948
Page 325 of 330 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3293

Thread: What music are you listening to right now?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Haven't 'spun' this for a while:

Attachment 124921

I probably shouldn't air my thoughts here on certain band members, but still great tunes.
    Killing Joke? I’ve never heard of them. Punk?
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Haven't 'spun' this for a while:

Attachment 124921

I probably shouldn't air my thoughts here on certain band members, but still great tunes.
    The best Killing Joke album.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Killing Joke? I’ve never heard of them.
    Yeah, well, that probably is (in part, at least) in relation to...

I probably shouldn't air my thoughts here on certain band members, ...
    ... ^^^ That.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Punk?
    Hmmm, not really ... Of that era, but more 'post-punk'. Wikipedia has them listed as: Post-Punk, Industrial Rock, Gothic Rock, and New Wave... Take your pick.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

The wife and I were supposed to see Peter Gabriel tonight in Boston but life got in the way, as it does. A family thing required her to travel out of state. Currently watching the Red Sox while listening to this:

Name:  Plays_Live_-_Peter_Gabriel.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  57.2 KB

I previously saw him in Rochester, NY, in 1986, which was the first show for the So tour. I snuck in a tape recorder but I have no idea where that tape is now. If I brought in a tape recorder, you can imagine everything else people snuck in. I was higher than a kite in springtime, and that was just a contact high. I was on the floor about ten feet from the speakers.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

5. Likes Fantasio, crownpuller liked this post

What music are you listening to right now?

Recently my media has been mostly the core of my record collection on iPhone and a copy on SD-card in car stereos. Now I've started using my hifi-set at home more, and going through CDs which are not in my phone or car. Loads of stuff to revisit, brings back memories.
    This week scanning Neil Young back catalogue, now American Stars & Bars in rotation. Ah, the joy of finding old pearls.

https://youtu.be/33Yy8Cwc3Go?feature=shared

Last edited by Fantasio; Sep 23, 2023 at 04:04 PM. Reason: added pic

7. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    So this group from Berlin, active since 1967, is on tour in North America, and they asked me to sit in and join them for a half-hour improvisation at the end of their concert in San Francisco this Wednesday, in front of 1000 people or so. This will be my first live gig in 4 years. It will be completely improvised. The new members of Tangerine Dream are not the original members, but some of them have been in the band for two decades already. It will be an interesting week. I am listening to some of their previous improvised "sessions" to guess what I might be doing.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

9. Likes rodia77, crownpuller, Fantasio, mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    ... they asked me to sit in and join them for a half-hour improvisation ...
    Wow, that's totally COOL. I have a bunch of their vinyl tucked away in a case.
    Will you have your own 'gear' or get to play with theirs ?
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

11. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    So this group from Berlin, active since 1967, is on tour in North America, and they asked me to sit in and join them for a half-hour improvisation at the end of their concert in San Francisco this Wednesday, in front of 1000 people or so. This will be my first live gig in 4 years. It will be completely improvised. The new members of Tangerine Dream are not the original members, but some of them have been in the band for two decades already. It will be an interesting week. I am listening to some of their previous improvised "sessions" to guess what I might be doing.

Break a leg, Robert!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Wow, that's totally COOL. I have a bunch of their vinyl tucked away in a case.
    Will you have your own 'gear' or get to play with theirs ?
    I'll travel light, with my "airplane rig". That's two laptops (one for mixing plus effects in Ableton Live, the other running Apple Mainstage) with 6 octaves of portable CME controllers, Haken Continuum, lap steel guitar and pedals, mic for flutes, and loopers. I'm adding to that portable rig with a Prophet X keyboard. My friend Steve Roach played with them last night in Tucson and brought his whole solo performance rig, modular and everything; but since the sessions are entirely group improvisation I figured I would be more low-key and focus on solo instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Break a leg, Robert!
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

15. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    That’s quite something, Robert!

It’s still a name to conjure with, Tangerine Dream.

17. Likes skywatch liked this post