Likes Likes:  73
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lucky 14

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Lovely collection!

Rado has to be the only watch brand that can make diamonds/jewels look good for a men's watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it is the fact that some of their cases are so out there the diamonds/ crystals are almost discreet by comparison. On most watches diamonds jump up and down and scream at you, obliterating everything else about that watch. On a Rado, it's more like" Oh, I hadn't really noticed."

2. Likes OhDark30, FuzzyB, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Thanks for that wonderful post. I really like the 40th anniversary as well, although that model 55 could get my vote if not for the crystals. The dial itself looks really cool.
    The 40 Years is so well realized, within the realm of a blob of tungsten with a faceted crystal it is really subtle and understated. If you like the Diastar 55 the case design is from the Balboa DeLuxe model. This was an Asian market Rado. The Deluxes all have mineral dials and the Lapis variant can be stunning.

4. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc;
    159144... unsurprisingly, the 82 LCD.

I just flashed on that watch with a faceted crystal like the lozenge Louis Rossel...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I just flashed on that watch with a faceted crystal like the lozenge Louis Rossel...

Sorry mate, fat fingers moment, my LCD with flat crystal is a DS 81.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

The 40 Years is so well realized, within the realm of a blob of tungsten with a faceted crystal it is really subtle and understated. If you like the Diastar 55 the case design is from the Balboa DeLuxe model. This was an Asian market Rado. The Deluxes all have mineral dials and the Lapis variant can be stunning.

The Deluxe is probably my favourite Balboa variant.

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    The Deluxe is probably my favourite Balboa variant.
    I don't like my current one as much as I did my first one, but it is a great design. I picked the 55 up solely because I couldn't find a DeLuxe.

I don't like my current one as much as I did my first one, but it is a great design. I picked the 55 up solely because I couldn't find a DeLuxe.

I had a potentially amazing Deluxe arrive a few days ago.
    The dial, however, looks like it was printed the morning after the office Christmas party...

11. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Fantastic collection!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

If you ever find one and have any questions do not hesitate to ask. I will gladly answer anything I can.
    Oh yes I will!! (oh no... i'm getting to sound similar to the lately IWL 'trend' lately... well, just imagine i got heavy accent hehehe)

a while ago i was playing on akoustic recording gig.. while they shoot for the video clip and shoot my hands playing the piano... i was thinking in my mind.. "i wish i have a cool looking Retro RADO on my wrist... it would suits the gig so well!" ... sounds strange but it is true story

14. Likes Ryan, JAGtime, OhDark30, scottjc, tribe125 liked this post
    Great story and beautiful photos, Henry. That 40 Years of Diastar is really beautiful. Thanks for the write-up. Do you have any idea how many different styles Rado produced, such as the Diastars, Balboa, etc.? I guess that would be a hard question to answer for any watch brand.

16. Likes iyonk liked this post