Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Pelagos- initial impressions

Tudor Pelagos- initial impressions

Hi gang,

Ive had my Pelagos for about 5 days now and I thought I'd share a couple of thoughts on it. As I mentioned previously, my wife surprised me on our Wedding day with it ( and yes, I did return the favour with a beautiful pendant). So here is how feels to me so far.

Wrist Presence- Pretty significant. You certainly know its there. We went shopping yesterday and I caught myself looking at it in mirrors a lot, its got decent but not crazy thickness to it and the overhanging bezel can make it look a little larger than it actually wears. I do not view these as negatives because i live in a country where its sleeves up most of the year and I was looking for a largish sports watch. Thats what you get here.

Wearability- excellent. it years well on my 7 inch wrist, no problem there. The Titanium keeps it light, the self adjusting bracelet is super comfortable. Despite what I have read, I easily wore it under this double cuff shirt and jacket after my wife gave it to me to wear for the ceremony (i do not subscribe to this not being wearable with a suit- besides, she wanted me to wear it for the ceremony)

Design- its, awesome. The design is very clinical and stark but I actually love it. Legibility is beyond unbelievable,

Titanium- I really love the dullness, there is no bling.I really like this aspect. Will be interesting to see how it stacks up with scratches over time but I do bay my watches to some degree, even though this will spend a lot of time wet.

Movement- I haven't taken it off yet so I am yet to realise the potential of 70 hours power reserve. Its going along very nicely at -1.9 seconds per day.

Lume- believe what you read, it is awesome

Overall- I'm really happy with it. I initially was after a BB58 but have always loved the Pelagos and just had this nagging thought that the BB58 was about 1mm to small for what I wanted( besides the 58 is almost impossible to obtain here in Australia). Apart from getting married, I dress pretty casually for work and this watch works well for me. Love it. Obviously, this is a watch I will keep forever and pass on to my son.
    Last edited by CamB; Dec 2, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

The contrast and the legibility is certainly the thing that really jumps out at me whenever I see one of these in real life.. Crystal clear design.
    Last edited by OrangeSport; Dec 3, 2020 at 03:41 PM.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSport View Post
    The contrast and the legibility is certainly the thing that really jumps out at me whenever I see i e of these in real life.. Crystal clear design.
    To me, this is a really important aspect to any watch and the Pelagos nails it. There are zero reflections distracting fro its primary function. It also makes it a great watch to take photos of.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

Without doubt, it’s a proper grown-up watch with presence - and it avoid being flashy.

There’s a bit too much presence for me, but I can’t fault it.

Awesome choice by your new bride. It really does everything in a excellent manner. Titanium got a bad rap. Most marks wipe off with a cape cod cloth as a worst case. I've had mine for several years and the Titanium looks new even on the clasp. Many frown on the text on the dial, but be honest you probably didn't even notice it until I said something? It disappears into the back ground. The watch is readable in all light situations. The bracelet is excellent and comfortable. I remember when I got mine driving home that night with the top down on the car. Just from the inside lights the lume was glowing bright and blue. I've never woken up and it is not glowing bright. I don't believe there is any other diver that can match it and I have had pretty much everything for reference. This would not be the obvious choice, but upon reflection she really did her homework and got one of the best.
    Last edited by Samanator; Dec 3, 2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

The 5 lines is an interesting point. I do confess that when the update occurred over the two lines, I wasn't really sure. However, these days I feel differently, I look she two liner and it feels like there is a lot of black dial with nothing else going on. Bottom line is, the text in the dial is not an issue for me.
    As for the Bride's pick, she may have had some guidance on my tastes from a friend of mine!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Regards Cam

Watches

Blog Entries
    A friend of mine has a blue Pelagos, and I have tried it on. It's a lovely thing. You have a life-keeper there I think.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Nice Cam.

Self-adjusting bracelet?

Also, pic of the pendant you gave your bride?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Nice Cam.

Self-adjusting bracelet?

Also, pic of the pendant you gave your bride?
    The bracelet is brilliant, I cannot see me putting it on the rubber strap any time soon. We purchased the necklace a couple of days ago from Cartier. Haven't got it yet because they didn't have the right size diamond in stock in white gold and are flying one down from Sydney but this is what it looks like.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Regards Cam

Watches

10. Likes geoffbot, mlcor liked this post
    Fair exchange I say
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague