Likes Likes:  2

Thread: vintage Benrus

vintage Benrus

Hey all. There's a vintage Benrus on eBay I'm looking at. I don't know terribly much about Benrus so I'm hoping someone has a good starting point for me to do some research into determining authenticity, etc. The seller states it is from 1948. I tried typing "1948 Benrus" into Google but that unleashed a torrent of useless links. I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

can the pic be any bigger ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I couldn't enlarge that pic but here is a different one. I've also included a pic of the movement.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  51.3 KB

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  49.2 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    from the limit knowledge I have on benrus looks sorta ok the pattern to the case top and bottom would have match a rolled gold bracelet at a guess looks over polished and the dial looks touch up in a way but then looks like theirs a mark on it at the four curious so for a fun price might take a look but not for proper money thou see these in job lots all the time all slight diff and all fairly cheap so yeah for funnzy it not bad but not a collection make one thou
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

6. Likes watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Yeah, this would be a fun piece and my ceiling is quite low. I mostly want to avoid a Frankenwatch or Mumbai special or being sold a watch that was actually from 1928 when I was told it was from 1948. Thanks for the info.