Editor’s note: This story is useful for two reasons. First, it dispels any idea that we are not suffering through the Rolex drought like you all are. If there is a notion that we – as media – have access to the brand that has practically*vanished from its own boutiques, and rocketed in price at second-hand and grey dealers, it can be retired. Matt, our*Operations Manager, is just like you. He wanted a Sub. He wanted an Explorer. They were not*available in Australia for what he considered to be reasonable premiums over retail. So he went*hunting. He recounts every step here. Matt’s success, and two glittering trophies, led to an email to me. “Can we contact Bob’s Watches to discuss working together?” The spoiler alert is simply that he’s had two great experiences with them, and will – according to Matt – have many more. An email turned into a Zoom call with the Bob’s Watches team, then another. And now, the story is useful for a*second reason. It is our first in partnership with Bob’s*Watches, and it provides a tried-and-tested option for those wanting to buy Rolex for a reasonable price, but feeling stymied by the current scarcity issue.…

The post Why I bought my last two Rolex watches from Bob’s Watches, from the other side of the world appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...