Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xetum Watches

Xetum Watches

The other day I realized I haven't heard much about Xetum lately. For a while it seemed like they were getting regular attention and good press on their round, lugless watches, and then silence. I half expected them to be out of business, but they're still selling watches. I always found the design attractive. Their current lines are, in order of most pricey to least, Tyndall, Stinson, and Kendrick. The Tyndall collection runs on elaboree-grade ETA 2895 or Sellita SW 260 movements; the Stinson on "ETA" movements; and specifics on the Kendrick, a model that wasn't available the last time I checked, were not listed on Xetum's site.

From their site:

Moden automatic watches - desgined in California
    Xetum's modern watch collection is desgined in California and made in Switzerland. Each piece blends California modern desgin with Swiss
    precision and craftsmanship. California desgin, to us, embodies several fundamental desgin principles; (1) A clean, modern aesthetic,
    (2) Distinctiveness, that is executed with nuance and subtely; (3) Universality, the ability to be appreciated by a broad range of people.
    We have incorporated each of these elements into the desgin of all of the watches in our collection.

and made in Switzerland. . .
    We then take our modern California aesthetic and couple that with the strong watchmaking hertiage of the Swiss. Each Xetum men's watch is
    painstakingly crafted in Switzerland's Juta Valley, using time-tested watch making methods. The result is a collection which is imbued with a
    Californian & American aesthetic and beats inside with the heart of a centuries long Swiss watchmaking tradition.

Personal customer experience
    Of course, it's not just about the watch -- it's about the experience you have with it. That's why Xetum has been built aroudn a personal customer
    experience. We offer a level of personal attention that is often forgotten in a mass market world. When you speak with someone at Xetum, you'll
    be speaking with someone who is passionate about watches, and even more passionate about you having an exemplary experience with Xetum.

Eco-friendly operations
    Xetum Has desgined its watches, packing and operations with environmental resposibility in mind. From renewable cork on our naturally
    tanned watch straps, to watch boxes made from rubberwood that is saved from being burned, to support of reforestation efforts, Xetum has
    made environmental resposibility a priority.

What are your thoughts? Do you own one? Here are pics from Xetum's site:

The Tyndall:
    Name:  Xetum 1.png
Views: 256
Size:  412.1 KB
    Name:  Xetum 2.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  56.8 KB

The Stinson:
    Name:  Xetum 5.png
Views: 281
Size:  139.1 KB
    Name:  Xetum 6.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  51.0 KB
    The Kendrick:
    Name:  Xetum 3.png
Views: 267
Size:  345.6 KB
    Name:  Xetum 4.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  47.4 KB
    Last edited by Ryan; Aug 7, 2015 at 09:46 PM.

2. Likes Churchy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    From their site:

Moden automatic watches - desgined in California
    Xetum's modern watch collection is desgined in California and made in Switzerland. Each piece blends California modern desgin with Swiss
    precision and craftsmanship. California desgin, to us, embodies several fundamental desgin principles; (1) A clean, modern aesthetic,
    (2) Distinctiveness, that is executed with nuance and subtely; (3) Universality, the ability to be appreciated by a broad range of people.
    We have incorporated each of these elements into the desgin of all of the watches in our collection.

and made in Switzerland. . .
    We then take our modern California aesthetic and couple that with the strong watchmaking hertiage of the Swiss. Each Xetum men's watch is
    painstakingly crafted in Switzerland's Juta Valley, using time-tested watch making methods. The result is a collection which is imbued with a
    Californian & American aesthetic and beats inside with the heart of a centuries long Swiss watchmaking tradition.

Personal customer experience
    Of course, it's not just about the watch -- it's about the experience you have with it. That's why Xetum has been built aroudn a personal customer
    experience. We offer a level of personal attention that is often forgotten in a mass market world. When you speak with someone at Xetum, you'll
    be speaking with someone who is passionate about watches, and even more passionate about you having an exemplary experience with Xetum.

Eco-friendly operations
    Xetum Has desgined its watches, packing and operations with environmental resposibility in mind. From renewable cork on our naturally
    tanned watch straps, to watch boxes made from rubberwood that is saved from being burned, to support of reforestation efforts, Xetum has
    made environmental resposibility a priority.

What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are they didn't do any spell checking or proof reading whatsoever.
    That's inexcusable and appalling for a retail site trying to get customers.

4. Likes popoki nui, Ryan liked this post
    I remember when I first looked through their collection, thinking, I don't understand how this appeals. I'm sure the quality warrants the prices etc, but I'm not sure how the designs create the desire to pay that much.

Nice enough looking watches, but I just can't get past that name.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes Uber liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    My thoughts are they didn't do any spell checking or proof reading whatsoever.
    That's inexcusable and appalling for a retail site trying to get customers.
    Yeah, wow. Just gave that a second read and you're right. Their whole value proposition is about design, and that includes the website. Poorly done.

Blog Entries
    I think they're cool, but not enough for me to shell out four figures.

1st one was forgiven , thought amateur but forgiven , by the 3rd I'd dismissed it as maybe done by a 5year old they didn't take that much work to see either .... Sorry that's doing 5 year old's a disservice ..

Wonder how it translates to build quality ...... Well 90% of its there in the right place , that'll do.....

11. Likes Ryan, OrangeSport liked this post
    They're also silly thick
    Name:  Xetum-Kendrick-10.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  145.8 KB
    Kendrick: 11mm deep on a 40mm watch
    Pic & review here:
    http://www.ablogtowatch.com/xetum-ke...-watch-review/

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    They're also silly thick
    Name:  Xetum-Kendrick-10.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  145.8 KB
    Kendrick: 11mm deep on a 40mm watch
    My, my, OhDark30 , didnt know you'd bought one, have your epilator batteries run out !!

I like the Kendrick model, but they are all overpriced for what you seem to get. Based on the specs, they should cut the price in half.

They were purchased last year by Cosmos Marketing, which also owns Torgoen.

15. Likes Ryan liked this post