Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Blue starts Air Blue Pilot watches

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Deep Blue starts Air Blue Pilot watches

Interesting development. They are funding it with kickstarter. I remember when Deep Blue was started.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Bravo looks cool , bit like a cross between a rusky aviator thingy (can't remember the precise brand) and a errrr damasko or a Sinn (more so the white dial version)

Don't care for the others to be fair
    Last edited by Seriously; Aug 7, 2015 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Bravo looks cool , bit like a cross between a rusky aviator thingy (can't remember the precise brand) and a errrr damasko or a Sinn (more so the white dial version)
    To me it looks like this Eco Drive you can get in Argos for £100 (and I've seen on offer for much less before)
    Name:  cda85ac028a73a33026dda1a13f2677a_original.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  72.4 KB
    Name:  9023545_R_Z001A_UC1133620.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  27.1 KB

Find the collection a bit underwhelming to be honest. The usual suspects are there - fliegers, Sinnalikes, chronos - but no new twist to really grab me

5. Likes Seriously, Der Amf liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Yeah, Stan has been at it for a long time. I'm not crazy about the watches but at $190 it's not a bad deal.

I wouldn't mind the Seiko movement at all , but think it's better behind closed doors to be honest , its not a looker like that lady next to Bernie earlier

Blog Entries
    I do like the PVD Chrono. At $190 I may just be in.

Well spotted Ohdark30, you obviously do one hell of a lot of watch seeking lol
    That's disturbingly the same

Yeah, I bought one of these for an American WIS on another forum, he couldn't get it over there
    *Very* similar
    More writing on the Citizen, but better placed, I think
    And, as a pilot, I find the Air Blue logo a bit lame too, referencing a DI (direction indicator) - not found in many planes except little Cessnas etc
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  8.5 KB

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I think they'd have been better using the established deep blue brand name on them (yes I know deep for diving and air for upstairs lol , but still) , but I agree the logo looks naff.
    Trying to branch out without the support of the existing brand name ..... risky business.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I think they'd have been better using the established deep blue brand name on them (yes I know deep for diving and air for upstairs lol , but still) , but I agree the logo looks naff.
    Trying to branch out without the support of the existing brand name ..... risky business.
    Yeah, maybe a more clearly linked sub-brand (clears throat, deep voice):
    'DB - pilot watches from Deep Blue'
    And add some kooky Deep Blue lume to the watches?
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!