Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Birthday present from Birks

My Birthday present from Birks

Hey Cats,

It was my birthday on Monday so I thought I'd show off my Modena strap I got from them courtesy of the annual $50 they give me.

Wanted something nice for the Longines so I went with and intentionally 24mm for my 22mm lug width. Wanted the strap to fill out more to look weightier against the unusually large case of that era.

Peace,
    Preston

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Preston; Aug 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM.

Happy birthday Preston.

There must be some Carlsburg joke in there somewhere but I 've just woken up so will leave it to another poster.
    Last edited by MarkO; Aug 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

They used to be "Quite possibly the best beer in the world" but for some reason they removed that tag line from their packaging.....me thinks the latest focus group had superb pallettes

But seriously it's a pretty good beer.

Peace,
    Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    They used to be "Quite possibly the best beer in the world" but for some reason they removed that tag line from their packaging.....me thinks the latest focus group had superb pallettes

But seriously it's a pretty good beer.

Peace,
    Preston

It was "Probably the best beer in the world"
    Remember when Carlsberg was sponsoring Liverpool FC and they were playing somewhere where alcohol advertising wasn't allowed. So the shirts just said Probably... Slogan so well ingrained it was more than enough

5. Likes Ryan liked this post
    You're slipping Preston - if the old Preston would have wanted a new strap he would combined a old Speidel Twist-o-flex from a rusty Timex with some 'past expiration date' beef jerky, then run over it with a Hankook Gator Tread All-Season radial to emboss it properly.

Always sad when the old masters lose their touch.

Yeah, sorry donf. I guess my age is catching up with me

Peace,
    Preston

Last edited by Preston; Aug 9, 2015 at 12:47 PM.

Looks good on there. Happy birthday by the way
    And that's very decent of them. All they ever send me is their annual catalogue.
    Last edited by Chase; Aug 9, 2015 at 07:03 AM.
    IWL ROLEX/TUDOR FORUM HELMUT UHREN ATELIER

Fine bespoke leather straps & accessories

Black Friday sale now on... discount code BlackFriday2016 saves you 49% no limit!

Happy belated birthday, Preston! That strap looks perfect!

Cheers,
    ~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Happy belated birthday! Nice present you've gotten, and the strap looks nice too!
    Last edited by BlackNomad; Aug 9, 2015 at 12:17 PM.

11. Likes Preston liked this post
    Here I was just correcting you earlier in the thread without wishing you a happy birthday Preston although a day late. Sorry 'bout that...