Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolex, Omega....which other manufacturers mean their WR depths literally?

Rolex, Omega....which other manufacturers mean their WR depths literally?

No doubt I would be better off titling this thread, More Fruitless Agonising Over What 100m Means, but actual words from actual manufacturers will be getting all my applause

looks nice and reassuring.

This on the other hand

seems quietly determined not to get dragged into any kind of discussion

2. Likes Chase, tempocalypse, bu11itt liked this post
    Continuing the point started on the Rolex thread the Yachtmaster is only rated to 100m but has the same triplock crown as the Submariner.
    There are relatively few reviews of the yachtmaster compared to the number of reviews of the submariner but I did see a comment that Rolex only gives 300m rating to dive watches.
    I suspect that if tested the yachtmaster would exceed the 100m rating but I guess that would be a pointless exercise as you wouldn't take a watch with a bidirectional bezel diving.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

4. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    What are physical differences between the two? Different design, or just different materials/thicknesses?

This review is quite old as it discusses the yachtmaster vs sub 16610 but this side view is interesting.

If only we had a member with a wide selection of Rolex models who could show the differences side by side......eh Mikey !

8. Likes FuzzyB, mikeylacroix, Der Amf, Chase liked this post
    Helberg included a printout of a test done on a CH6 that showed the watch survived at least double what the dial said. I don't think they tested each watch for those depths, but the watch is certainly engineered to exceed the stated rating.

10. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Helberg included a printout of a test done on a CH6 that showed the watch survived at least double what the dial said. I don't think they tested each watch for those depths, but the watch is certainly engineered to exceed the stated rating.
    Do they only do watches that are rated 200m plus? It's the 50m/100m/150m ratings that leave me most befuddled.

From TAG Heuer's site:

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 8.58.24 AM.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  45.9 KB

I'm surprised they describe the kinds of activities you can do with 100m water resistance. I recall seeing much more vague language on the site a few years ago when I was trying to find information about a more recent version of this watch:

Name:  IMG_1680.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  50.6 KB

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    If only we had a member with a wide selection of Rolex models who could show the differences side by side......eh Mikey !
    Yeah I was wondering if/when Mikey would pour his experience and knowledge upon us....

Meanwhile I went and looked at Certina, since they like their reputation for sportiness:

Name:  certina WR.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  22.8 KB

Which seems to be saying "100m is good for splashing around in the water" - which is more than some say, but not a lot

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    here we go lads.
    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...252#post160252

ok, back to our regular programming.