pic care of Colin63

Welcome to the IWL Russian Watches Forum

So most Russian watches are mechanical there was a quote by I think it was Lenin that every Russian man should be able to wind his own watch or words to that affect. but not all are there are quartz too.

I have some from the late 80's early 90's have done a few threads about them . But as I said mainly mechanical using jewelled movements of different amounts of jewels you can spend any where from a £15 to a thousand plus roughly depending whether new or old and condition .

Many of us Russian watch collectors consider this to be outstanding value for money for a quality mechanical watch. the High-end luxury watches are also available.

Designs tend to be strong and functional. If you like diver, aviator or military-style watches, you will probably like Russian watches.

*** AMPHIBIANS ***

****vostock komandirskie gallery ****

**** Zlatoust love them or hate them ? ? They are still a beast of a watch ****

Russia is not new to watch-making. It has a rich history of manufacturing mechanical watches that dates back more than eighty years.

Interested in The Roots of the Russian Watch Industry?

Russian Watchmaking Today

Any else in on the nVCH-30 project?

Exciting news for Russian watch lovers. New Luch 2209s!

**** Vostok Timeline ****

**** List of Vostok models movements ****

Interesting Fact: The Sturmanskie watch manufactured by the First Moscow Watch Factory was the first watch in space. Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin wore this watch on April 12, 1961 when he became the first person in space.

Celebrating Cosmonautics Day

As always Ismy