Likes Likes:  103
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How beautiful can a printed dial be?

One of my favourite watches has Arabic numerals printed on, I just remembered. Ahem.

I'm not normally a fan of Roman numerals but that Ebel is lovely. Reminiscent of old pocket watch dials.

3. Likes Der Amf, Rdenney liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I'm not normally a fan of Roman numerals but that Ebel is lovely. Reminiscent of old pocket watch dials.
    When you see that Ebel can get all 28 pieces of applied metal on the dial accurately, you wonder why some other companies can't even get the 1 and 2 of "12" level with one another

5. Likes Rdenney liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    When you see that Ebel can get all 28 pieces of applied metal on the dial accurately, you wonder why some other companies can't even get the 1 and 2 of "12" level with one another
    Yes it's nicely done, though I was referring to the chronograph with my comment.

7. Likes Rdenney liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Yes it's nicely done, though I was referring to the chronograph with my comment.
    Oops sorry : )

I've always liked these RR style Ball watches with the printed enameled dials. Favorite feature is the Ball&Co in the 7.

Ball Trainmaster 60 Seconds II

Ball Trainmaster Power Reserve

The Ball EMII Officer goes in a different direction

Longines Legend Diver is quite popular

Most Nomos will fall here so I should add the Metro

The dial on this Zenith is striking, but the extra long hands are what really makes this watch work.

This Anonimo WayFarer II has one of the more colorful printed dials. The WayFarer I was more mono tone.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Not perhaps technically "beautiful", but I really like this look and find it very well executed:

Name:  20140301_wruw1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  53.4 KB

11. Likes Strange, OhDark30 liked this post
    Yeah when I framed the question I wasn't really thinking of lumed dials (I would happily live in a lume-free world) but I guess printing is printing

On a dress watch I far prefer applied indexes. Markers, ideally, over any numerals.

Lumed divers aren't really printed.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

On your Orion I believe the indices are pressed rather than applied. Presumably guarantees accuracy?