Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi I am Stuart from the UK

I love Rado watches.

I currently rescue early 1970's 9154 based Rado electronic watches and resurrect them (I like Marstrons the best). As the Rados are getting scarcer I have been resurrecting other 9154 movement watch brands and also do 9157 and 58s. I also collect 9162 tuning fork based Rados (when I can afford them) and I am the owner of what is probably the only esa 9162 based equivalent of the Bulova "Spaceview" that I purchase from an electric watch expert who made it as a project.

I do have a PDF copy of the very rare 9150/4 manual that gives strip down and rebuild info, let me know if you would like a copy.

I have just over 20 watches at the moment (all working) and a couple of spare movements. Always on the lookout for projects. Unusually the favourite watch in my collection is a mechanical Rado Murano in red.

Quote Originally Posted by StuzL View Post
    Hi I am Stuart from the UK

I love Rado watches.

I currently rescue early 1970's 9154 based Rado electronic watches and resurrect them (I like Marstrons the best). As the Rados are getting scarcer I have been resurrecting other 9154 movement watch brands and also do 9157 and 58s. I also collect 9162 tuning fork based Rados (when I can afford them) and I am the owner of what is probably the only esa 9162 based equivalent of the Bulova "Spaceview" that I purchase from an electric watch expert who made it as a project.

I do have a PDF copy of the very rare 9150/4 manual that gives strip down and rebuild info, let me know if you would like a copy.

I have just over 20 watches at the moment (all working) and a couple of spare movements. Always on the lookout for projects. Unusually the favourite watch in my collection is a mechanical Rado Murano in red.

well we got some new rado members here so we have a few fans I myself have a z at the minute yes one of my fav type of rado's
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes StuzL liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post

well we got some new rado members here so we have a few fans I myself have a z at the minute yes one of my fav type of rado's
    I have a silver faced Z, a Blue Z on its way from Japan, a ATO licenced prototype Marston, 2 grey Marstrons and a silver Marston. I actually purchased a rare gold marstron with blue face from Japan but what arrived was a tatty 1964 Seiko 5 Sportsmatic. They never found the watch I purchased,

Quote Originally Posted by StuzL View Post
    I have a silver faced Z, a Blue Z on its way from Japan, a ATO licenced prototype Marston, 2 grey Marstrons and a silver Marston. I actually purchased a rare gold marstron with blue face from Japan but what arrived was a tatty 1964 Seiko 5 Sportsmatic. They never found the watch I purchased,
    here's mine am sure the rado guys have a few too
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

7. Likes Mediocre, StuzL liked this post
    Welcome aboardStu. I am the moderator of the Rado forum over at EoT, which as you may have noticed is having issues.

We are currently taking refuge here and it may well become permanent as it does seem terminal.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

9. Likes StuzL liked this post

Savagely Average
    Welcome, looking forward to pics of the Rados!

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Welcome, looking forward to pics of the Rados!

Welcome!

13. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!