Likes Likes:  106
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: drastic changes

drastic changes

Hi folks,
    i did not pull my weight here on IWL recently, so i will explain what happened. Most of you know (or don't) that i own a company, wich specialized in buildingprojects, trading of goods and consultancy. Due to the high level of bankruptcies and defaulters amongst my clients, i could no longer maintain my biznez operational. To keep my biznez running until the defaulters payed me, i put a lot of my private money (read : àll) in my company. I always tought things would work out in the end, becouse the money the company should receive is undisputed. Well, thanks to the slow procedures in court, time (and cash) ran out for me. I just closed the doors of my company, wich i owned for 14 years now. I worked 7 day's a week for at least 14 hours a day. I hired a curator who will now collect the money from the defaulters. I put my company to sleep untill the curator collected (the seven digits) money from these dickheads. I put my house for sale, returned the car to the leasingcompany. All this crap really kept me occupied and stressed out....So far for the actual situation, now we look in to the future...

I signed my self up for retraining. It's a 3 year retraining. I will study watchmaking

The curriculum is as following :
    -first year : mechanical pocketwatches

-second year : Analog quartz watches, Manual wristwatch with date, applied business

-third year : Automatic watches, Chronographs, applied business
    Class starts at 14 september 2015.

Thanks for reading,
    kind regards,
    I-B
    Last edited by I-B; Aug 11, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

That's sad news about your company, I'm sure the last few months must have been very difficult. The fact that you're able to move in a new direction that means so much to you is great though, best of luck in your new venture!

3. Likes I-B, JAGtime liked this post
    My like is for support , not because I can see a guy in trouble, I run my own company and it's cash or you don't get out of the door

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    That's sad news about your company, I'm sure the last few months must have been very difficult. The fact that you're able to move in a new direction that means so much to you is great though, best of luck in your new venture!
    Thx m8
    I lived my life for others untill now. Now it's "me" time, without stress...The most stressfull part was to tell my staff and employees i had to close down. Some members like Mhe225 etc know i was hospitalized a few times during the past years, becouse i did not sleep and worked too much. TBH it's (altough the money is gone) a relief to be able to get decent schooling in watchmaking....

7. Likes whatmeworry, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Hi folks,
    i did not pull my weight here on IWL recently, so i will explain what happened. Most of you know (or don't) that i own a company, wich specialized in buildingprojects, trading of goods and consultancy. Due to the high level of bankruptcies and defaulters amongst my clients, i could no longer maintain my biznez operational. To keep my biznez running until the defaulters payed me, i put a lot of my private money (read : àll) in my company. I always tought things would work out in the end, becouse the money the company should receive is undisputed. Well, thanks to the slow procedures in court, time (and cash) ran out for me. I just closed the doors of my company, wich i owned for 14 years now. I worked 7 day's a week for at least 14 hours a day. I hired a curator who will now collect the money from the defaulters. I put my company to sleep untill the curator collected (the seven digits) money from these dickheads. I put my house for sale, returned the car to the leasingcompany. All this crap really kept me occupied and stressed out....So far for the actual situation, now we look in to the future...

I signed my self up for retraining. It's a 3 year retraining. I will become a watchmaker

The curriculum is as following :
    -first year : mechanical pocketwatches

-second year : Analog quartz watches, Manual wristwatch with date, applied business

-third year : Automatic watches, Chronographs, applied business
    Class starts at 14 september 2015.

Thanks for reading,
    kind regards,
    I-B
    well not great start is it but what is great that you have been able to start again in a complete different area of work more suited to your past time so wish you all the luck in this and will be watching with interest on you new career my friend
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

9. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    it's cash or you don't get out of the door
    In retail thats possible, but not in my job. Hey sir give me 28 million € or i will not build your skyskraper

11. Likes Der Amf, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Good luck in your new venture mate.

Sorry to hear about your company though.Many have folded in the last few years, many due to no fault of their own, cash flow always a problem.

All the best. Cheers.

13. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Good luck in your new venture mate.
    Thx

I don't know if i will ever WORK as a watchmaker, but following these classes will sure be a excellent diversion It will keep my mind occupied so i won't freak out

15. Likes Der Amf, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    Thx

I don't know if i will ever WORK as a watchmaker, but following these classes will sure be a excellent diversion It will keep my mind occupied so i won't freak out
    Long term savings in servicing costs

17. Likes I-B, FuzzyB, Chicolabronse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Long term savings in servicing costs
    since i prefer to wear quartz, my servicing is limited to the occasional batteryswap of the Swatches and Certinas, the rest is solar