Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

Hello all

Hi Just happened on this site after researching Eaglemoss Military watches and found Churchy's epic post .
    Have now got 5 of those coming to me in next few days ..
    i collect mainly budget/ homage watches ..have almost 50 watches now in total
    i have a growing youtube channel doing watch reviews if ADMIN would allow me to post details please?
    It is not monetarised or affiliated so i dont make any money at all from it .
    I started it to keep me sane at weekends in lockdown.

Jon

2. Likes Jeannie liked this post
    well not speaking for mods but you maybe be able to put a link in your signature maybe I have done if for a few of our members and their off forum sites so best to check with mods but might be ok

oh and

yeah was into them a good few years ago at the start still think it's a fun and cheap way to get a feel off watches before spending way to much on them
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Welcome, Jon.

If you were to become a regular contributing member, then as ismy suggests, I wouldn’t see a problem with adding a link to your signature.

Bear in mind, though, that the forum exists for discussion, not as a pin-board for links.

5. Likes is that my watch, OTGabe liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! Churchy's amazing posts have sold a lot of Eaglemoss watches over the years, that's for sure. As for the Youtube page, feel free to share some reviews as long as they aren't trying to sell us anything. As ismy mentioned, putting it in your signature is a good idea so when you post messages here, it will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post
    Welcome aboard! Churchy's amazing posts have sold a lot of Eaglemoss watches over the years, that's for sure. As for the Youtube page, feel free to share some reviews as long as they aren't trying to sell us anything. As ismy mentioned, putting it in your signature is a good idea so when you post messages here, it will show up.

think he bought most of them but the pans and subs I might have bought a few dozen of, going through some boxes from the loft and found a still boxed luffty and think end up prizing a few of them unopened over the years too

they was a good bit of fun ..even if the watch world ragged on them bad at the time ..always wonder what they expected for a tenner ..mean the first few was like a couple of quid each at the very start

remember when churchy took over doing the breakdown thread ..well say took over it was his idea to do a dedicated thread instead of in with the mwc threads I thought it look like to much work I was right .. I was still surprised it went to the full hundred was it now he did so yeah good on him
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Thanks guys
    i haven't bought any EagleMoss "sub" type watches as the bezels dont move and that wold annoy the hell out of me.
    Thanks Gabe ..no defo not selling anything on the channel .. ( now in signature)

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jono_1uk View Post
    Thanks guys
    i haven't bought any EagleMoss "sub" type watches as the bezels dont move and that wold annoy the hell out of me.
    Thanks Gabe ..no defo not selling anything on the channel .. ( now in signature)

Jon
    bought the first 20 to 30 in the series then sorta moved on to real watches but second hand ones you could get for the same price remember buying shed loads of different hmt as they was mech and about the same price as a mag and watch from mwc .. then went on to vintage everything
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

the ones i bought of ebay didnt have magazines ,,if anyone has the magazines for the 6 watches i have bought and want to get rid ..please shout ..

Quote Originally Posted by jono_1uk View Post
    the ones i bought of ebay didnt have magazines ,,if anyone has the magazines for the 6 watches i have bought and want to get rid ..please shout ..
    shame mate being in lock down I decided to tidy the loft I binned a load of them thought the recycle was the best option did not think worth selling or gifting them their are still sealed ones on the bay with mag box and everything.

think they should have stayed with the metal tins too but they went to cardboard and lost the cardboard a3 backing too the mag came on. ...

which ones you got ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

98 -Lufwaffe Pilot 10 -60's RAF Czechoslovakian Pilot 1940s ( Not sure what number that was) Special Edition 8 Navy Diver 1 - 1970,s US Army and 9 - 40's Japanese Airman.