Sexy red details combined with vintage inspiration is a marriage made in horological heaven with all Big Box brands wanting in on the game. The market is chock-a-block with slim, tough divers that emulate the discrete tools of the fifties and sixties, and we can’t seem to get enough of them. Me? Guilty as charged. I love their feeling of purity and the nostalgic sense of a simpler mid-20th century life that seems so far from 2021. Admittedly, I still haven’t got the scuba gear to throw in the back of the car, but it’s more about that notion of freedom and summer vibes. The new Seiko SBDY077 Tuna x Neighboorhood inspires us to revisit the red thread that runs through so many vintage-inspired diver’s watches. Seiko SBDY077 Tuna x Neighborhood We love the evergreen Tuna with its distinctive cylindrical shape and, even after a massive Seiko Prospex launch year in 2020, this still excites as a cool, vintage take on the Tool’s Tool. Here we have a razor-sharp collaboration with the Japanese streetwear brand Neighborhood, a grey bezel, pop of red on the iconic 12 o’clock triangle, and fresh red text on the dial. It’s street-tough and still ready…

More...