Likes Likes:  256
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***** WRUW Wednesday 20 January 2021 *****

Blog Entries

***** WRUW Wednesday 20 January 2021 *****

Wishing a good midweek for everyone, and a peaceful transition of leadership in the US. I am in day 17 of my pelagical history lure, and taking me to March 2017 when my sister and I went to close our parent's house in Puget Sound (not far from Sherry) and I found this watch that my dad left in a sock drawer, forgotten since the quartz digitals replaced it in the late '70s or early '80s. I had it serviced as I did the 1957 Fender Bandmaster you might notice in the background. I have used the watch more often than the tweed, as I have not found the right recording session to pull out the special sauce quite yet.

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Wishing a good midweek for everyone, and a peaceful transition of leadership in the US. I am in day 17 of my pelagical history lure, and taking me to March 2017 when my sister and I went to close our parent's house in Puget Sound (not far from Sherry) and I found this watch that my dad left in a sock drawer, forgotten since the quartz digitals replaced it in the late '70s or early '80s. I had it serviced as I did the 1957 Fender Bandmaster you might notice in the background. I have used the watch more often than the tweed, as I have not found the right recording session to pull out the special sauce quite yet.

That’s a very nice watch, your dad had good taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This one for me today; realised I haven’t worn it in a while as I had to change it back to GMT!

Happy Inauguration Day, US
    4 years ago I wore my Orange Monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Jan 20, 2021 at 09:01 AM.

Name:  20210120_111533.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  53.7 KB
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

so todays Seiko is not going to be a keeper slightly dial peeling in the corner between 12 and 1:30 and have not been able to source the bracelet so think going to swap the bracelet as this expanders I use so then think be flipping it ...

so lets see July 1980 I make it to be and it's a 7123-5100 so bit rarer make and case shape pity really if mint right bracelet might have been a keeper

Name:  DSCF1668.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  123.4 KB
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    your dad had good taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    think it runs in their family
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes skywatch, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post

Tweed!

10. Likes skywatch liked this post

Ebel Type E with steel hardware

Following whatmeworry’s example, I may switch to a red, white and blue strap later for the inauguration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WWII70; Jan 20, 2021 at 12:47 PM.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme