Likes Likes:  150
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any G-Shock fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Nope. Not a single one. I'm absolutely sure about that. I did own a digital watch on a plastic case for a month or two (early 80s) courtesy of Texas Instruments.
    Texas remember them i was sooo i had a g shock before they call them g shocks i will have to dig out a pic bought another one a few years ago kinda funky design
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    My one and only: Mudman 9300

Name:  IMG_1497.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  71.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes tribe125, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    My one and only: Mudman 9300

Name:  IMG_1497.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  71.2 KB

I modded a mudman one time I thought I made it ton's better but when it sold for less then it cost for the parts to fix and mod it was not so happy then
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Texas remember them i was sooo i had a g shock before they call them g shocks i will have to dig out a pic bought another one a few years ago kinda funky design
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those smaller watches were later used as the “chassis” for the first Baby-G’s.

8. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I think I’ll stick to models that are favorites or are otherwise interesting.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Silencer (GW-400). Solar, atomic, vibration function, a turtle shape. What’s not to love?

10. Likes tribe125, popoki nui, yokied, Sedi, iyonk liked this post
    you just got to wonder in their wild days of youth whether they have worn one and just don't know it
    I've had a few in many many years past, probably 3-5 of them, but I transitioned to the Timex Ironman and Triathlon because the Casio strap always tore through.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I've had a few in many many years past, probably 3-5 of them, but I transitioned to the Timex Ironman and Triathlon because the Casio strap always tore through.
    While the Ironman can't compete with the G Shock's gadgetry coolness, the G Shock will never compete with the Ironman's functionality. It's just simple and intuitive to use. Plus, Indiglo.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries

Any G-Shock fans here?

For me, it started with several watches that, then and now, really were the essence of G-Shock. Extremely affordable, more rugged than I’ll ever need, useful and easily accessible functions beyond just the time of day, and backlit for easy nighttime viewing. In a sense, all of the considerable technological leaps since then are just icing on the cake.

I’ll begin with the venerable G-Shock square. 5000 series.

I started with the DW-5600e. Over the years, many variations on this theme. Here are a few:

Add in solar:

Add in atomic and you have a watch with close to everything you’d reasonably need. And in a small case you can wear with anything:

Last edited by Kronos; Jan 28, 2021 at 12:48 AM.

14. Likes tribe125, yokied, hayday, Sedi, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    For me, it started with several watches that, then and now, really were the essence of G-Shock ... I’ll begin the venerable G-Shock square. 5000 series ... I started with the DW-5600e.
    Nice. I used that grey resin for my custom. I wonder how much actual improvements have been made in the resin down the years, and how much of the discomfort I have with older ones is due to inescapable ageing, and how the newer ones will feel later. I find even NOS resins direct from Casio for some of the older models aren’t so great.

I tried to give the redback a bit of love over the last couple of days but the legibility is just so limited.

Name:  E3D3EA3E-FB00-4A8F-8D77-765A9B69F910.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  75.3 KB

16. Likes Sedi, iyonk liked this post