Likes Likes:  150
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Any G-Shock fans here?

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Nice. I used that grey resin for my custom. I wonder how much actual improvements have been made in the resin down the years, and how much of the discomfort I have with older ones is due to inescapable ageing, and how the newer ones will feel later. I find even NOS resins direct from Casio for some of the older models aren’t so great.

I tried to give the redback a bit of love over the last couple of days but the legibility is just so limited.

Attachment 105373
    Yep. I love the look, but the display can be impossible to read. Kind of defeats the primary purpose of a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    The DW-6600 is, I think, another pillar on which the brand was built. It was the watch that got me into G-Shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    The DW-6600 is, I think, another pillar on which the brand was built. It was the watch that got me into G-Shocks.

Funnily enough was bidding on one of them the other day it was in a tat lot with a serious case of resin rot
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    The 6900, another G-Shock pillar and perhaps its most ubiquitous model over the years. The distinct shape and the three “eyes” seen on most models are instantly recognizable.

5. Likes tribe125, yokied, iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    There’s an argument to be made that the solar atomic version of the 6900 is the quintessential basic, rugged digital watch. No esoteric features that will largely go unused. Everything you reasonably could need; nothing you don’t need; and very reasonably priced.

7. Likes tribe125, yokied, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    The 6900, another G-Shock pillar and perhaps its most ubiquitous model over the years. The distinct shape and the three “eyes” seen on most models are instantly recognizable
    Quite the collection - Dave’s Quality Meats! I’ve only seen those on the Japanese auction sites. It’s good to see some real wrist shots of these in real light, thanks.

I’d love to pick up a Fox Fire 6900 at some point. Strangely I find the 6900s fit more comfortably than the smaller gshocks like 5600s. As such, I won’t argue against the 6900s, especially given the big, convenient light button.

Blog Entries
    The Silencer. A quirky G-Shock and a long time favorite.

10. Likes tribe125, popoki nui, hayday, iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Lungman, one of the odder G-Shocks that I’ve come across.

The Lungman was an early attempt to provide a heart rate function. Not surprisingly, with the technology available when the watch was released (1999), it was not very accurate.

^ One would think that the heart rate technology would be pretty advanced by 1999, given that Pulsar had a reliable heart rate monitor watch in 1977.
    Name:  pulse time.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  37.8 KB
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

13. Likes is that my watch, iyonk liked this post
    we don't get to see baby g on here often so have bought two tat lots with some in so yeah we might soon change that
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1