Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** Ismy seiko collection ****

ok so todays seiko is my oldest it's a 66-9990 well they was from 1962 to 1967 I believe mine's hard to date as the system I use like's four digits at the front to work off so I have seen 62 with very low ref codes of six digits and seen 67 with 7 digit codes so mines a six and numbers in the middle so would say my gut say this is a 1965 one and it just feel right so saying this is a seiko 66-9990 from 1965 the clasp I'm not sure on looks like a replacement and fairly modern but as these probably came on leather no biggie any way

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Pip liked this post
    think I missed this one out so here it is

ok todays seiko choice is the other of my seiko SQ 100 well say other but gifted the other one so for now my only SQ100 said it was a white dial it's actually more a very light silver dial one of the reason I bought it had lots of white and black dials so thought yes nice so we have here is a seiko SQ100 7n43-8001 now age hmmm could be either 1997 or 2007 and just don't know con say newer but ref high but not as high as you would think it 2007 so yeah could could go either way on which would flop I suppose for maybe 2007 mean thats still fourteen years old so in great shape for that or amazing if is twenty four years old so all good

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes Pip liked this post
    today is a bit special as this one is a lordquartz I bought a joblot of three all diff models but all lordquartz range years ago so got them all working gifted one too my dad gifted one to a fellow member on here whose a seiko fan and keep this one this was a first run watch as the ref codes under a ton for the last three digits so can say for certain it's a seiko lord quartz from November 1979 model number 8243-7000 not sure on the bracelet and might see if got something better been on that from as long as I had it thou but the clasp is playing up

(just noticed the date )

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

todays is another one that's a bit special a type two got this off a fellow Seiko fan for a very very reasonable price so what do we know of this one a lot really lets see it is a Seiko Quartz Type II 7546-8000 JDM.February 1978 we can be that specific with this one no doubt it was a Japanese model as it has a kanji day wheel as well as English. so yes a very decent example and have decide to move on some of my Seiko's am keeping six at the minute 3 mechs and 3 quartz and this is one of the keepers I can guess you know the others too now the bracelet I replaced it could have been original maybe but no SQ and was very uncomfortable so yeah this is ok but still for the right one I think

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes Pip liked this post